Large growth on my tourtoise face

Islandtourtoise

Location (City and/or State)
London
3D104E89-A463-4AB6-9C86-8DD8CB74F19D.jpeg

(would just like to preface I am taking my tortoise (Timmy) to the vet tomorrow )
I have had Timmy for around 2 years now and got him off a friend who could no longer take care of him anymore.
He has always had slight respiratory problems and sneezed a lot etc but has never had trouble eating, never lost weight and is very active.
Still to this day he shows no real symptoms of being in pain however recently a growth has started to appear on the side of his face. I began to get really worried but a couple days later the abscess went down and was no longer noticeable.
In the last few days however it has reappeared looking far worse than before. He is still eating, pooing and drinking but he certainly looks like he could be in pain.
Has this happened to anyone?D1C3157D-E00C-48BA-AC33-47955E6AE91F.jpeg

Would just like to preface that I am taking my tortoise (Timmy) to the vet tomorrow)
Recently he began to have a small growth grow on the side of his face however, within a couple days it had gone down completely and was not visible.
However the other day it began to grow back and looks far worse than before.
He is eating, drinking, pooing and moving around etc all normally.
But It looks quite painful.
I have had him for 2 years now and received him from a friend who could no longer take care of him and he only ever shown a few signs of any infection such as sneezing etc, I spoke to my friend and she said that he did it before. I changed his bedding and it completely stopped so I don’t know if this could be related?
Just would like some answers as I am very worried about him
Thank you

@Yvonne G should be able to help you

Attachments

• F0EB5832-26DB-47D0-9C98-E9BE264134C3.jpeg
    F0EB5832-26DB-47D0-9C98-E9BE264134C3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 4E2145E1-A5B7-4B6E-8200-38C048902D6D.jpeg
    4E2145E1-A5B7-4B6E-8200-38C048902D6D.jpeg
    989.2 KB · Views: 4

PinkPine

Michigan
View attachment 364559

(would just like to preface I am taking my tortoise (Timmy) to the vet tomorrow )
I have had Timmy for around 2 years now and got him off a friend who could no longer take care of him anymore.
He has always had slight respiratory problems and sneezed a lot etc but has never had trouble eating, never lost weight and is very active.
Still to this day he shows no real symptoms of being in pain however recently a growth has started to appear on the side of his face. I began to get really worried but a couple days later the abscess went down and was no longer noticeable.
In the last few days however it has reappeared looking far worse than before. He is still eating, pooing and drinking but he certainly looks like he could be in pain.
Has this happened to anyone?View attachment 364560

Would just like to preface that I am taking my tortoise (Timmy) to the vet tomorrow)
Recently he began to have a small growth grow on the side of his face however, within a couple days it had gone down completely and was not visible.
I have had him for 2 years now and received him from a friend who could no longer take care of him and he only ever shown a few signs of any infection such as sneezing etc, I spoke to my friend and she said that he did it before. I changed his bedding and it completely stopped so I don’t know if this could be related?
Thank you

What did the vet say?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Please let us know what is happening and what the vet said and did? Thanks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
View attachment 364559

Has this happened to anyone?View attachment 364560

Thank you

That looks like an abscess.

Review this for the correct care info:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I agree with Tom, it looks like an abcess . Any update?