Leo & redfoot

Jeskie

5 Year Member
How will a 1year old leo and a baby redfood do housed together in a Christmas tree bin? I'm wondering cause I would like to buy this baby redfoot next door.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
And they would quite likely bully and fight each other.
They would need two entirely separate enclosures, indoors and out, in my opinion.

Jeskie

5 Year Member
Got it. Thanks friends. I'll just stick to my leo. That baby just looked so cute. Stupid pet supermarket

Attachments

• 1439328691632.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 29

Thomas Nott

Well guess I'll play the devils advocate here since I have red foots and leopards housed together and haven't had any problems. I just pay close attention to dietary needs and things just go from their, won't get into other species I have housed together without any problems and I have been doing this for years in good ole New England.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Well guess I'll play the devils advocate here since I have red foots and leopards housed together and haven't had any problems. I just pay close attention to dietary needs and things just go from their, won't get into other species I have housed together without any problems and I have been doing this for years in good ole New England.

How big of an enclosure do you keep them in? I assume there must be space for distinct 'zones' to meet each species's unique climactic requirements? Do they mingle or stay relatively isolated?

Thomas Nott

Yes I do have separate zones to meet dry and humid climates, but they aren't cordoned off and many times I find a dry tort in a humid zone and vice versa. I have 6 torts in total, 2 yellow foots, 1 leopard, 1 Hermans, 1 cherry head 1 red foot. Their are always exceptions to every rule but let the rules be your foundations in raising your torts. Once you get into the habit of things and if you stay in the hobby long enough, you will learn to bend the envelope just a little and have fun with it. My outdoor enclosure measures 10'x15' and has worked great for me. Because this is New England I have had to convert an entire upstairs bedroom to their winter residence, this can be a very expensive hobby but if you love what you do then I say go for it.