Leopard Gecko tank size

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
As some of you may know, I have had my Leopard Gecko for about 3 months now. When I got him he was very small and I was keeping him in a 10 gallon tank. Well now, he has nearly doubled in size and is growing FAST! So what size tank do you all keep your adult geckos in so I can start planning!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I kept mine in a 20 gallon, also had a 40gallon breeder. Petco has a 1 dollar a gallon sale can get one cheap

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
For one gecko, a 20 long is plenty of room. Some say a 10 gallon is ok for the life of the gecko, but I feel that is too small if you are going to include a humid hide box along with a couple of other hides (which you should). But a 20 long is plenty.

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
For one gecko, a 20 long is plenty of room. Some say a 10 gallon is ok for the life of the gecko, but I feel that is too small if you are going to include a humid hide box along with a couple of other hides (which you should). But a 20 long is plenty.

Okay I'll do that! And would you recommend one with the doors on the side or just an aquarium with a screen top?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I always used just a screen top. I never had lights or anything on the top of the cage though, as I used just an undertank heater for heating one side of the cage so it wasn't a problem to go in through the top.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, a 20 Long or the 18" x18" terrariums by Zoomed or Exo-Terra would be fine for a single leopard gecko.

Status
Not open for further replies.