Leopard Tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt581

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jackson MI
I have 3 babies right now of the leopard breed all get along fine. When they get big can they all be in the same cage together? even if i have 3 males or 3 females or 2males and 1 female? or so on....Ik iv learned alot of sulcata's being together not a good idea lol. jw on leopards thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Leopards do get along better than some others. However you will just have to try it and see, while being prepared to separate to different enclosure.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Most people do keep leopards together with no problems. Just be like a boy scout and be prepared.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to have 2 males and 4 females in one pen. The only problem I EVER saw with them was the biggest female pushing one of the smaller ones around. Nothing serious, just a little shoving match. The males ignored each other.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
For the most part, leopards are very tolerant of each other. I have two males that tend to spare frequently during the spring and early summer. Despite being half his size, the smaller one is usually the agitator.

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
Heck ya sweet! so are sulcata's the only 1s that dont really get along?:(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Russians can be really bad too. I've seen a lot of russian tortoise blood in my days. Many of the Testudo can get that way especially in spring. My friend Cory has one that will come over and violently attack the shoe of anyone who dares enter his enclosure. Gopherus males are pretty intolerant of each other too. Redfoots, stars and leopards tend to tolerate each other much better, most of the time.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have three adult leopards, all from different sources, and they get along just fine. In fact, they appear to favor being with each other when in close quarters like during cold snaps. When in the yard though they will each claim their own section but sometimes they end up in each other's sleeping areas. If you keep them together from a young age then I think you will be good.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
For the most part, leopards are very tolerant of each other. I have two males that tend to spare frequently during the spring and early summer. Despite being half his size, the smaller one is usually the agitator.

He's preparing for the day he grows to be the biggest. :cool: :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I hope he starts growing again. He's only about 7 inches long and hasn't grown since I've had him...going on 5 years now. The previous owner had him on a strict diet of kale.

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
thanks everyone. how fast do they grow has hatchings? I have 3 i got 2 last oct 1 has grown almost 1inch! other 1 not much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.