Leo's Sex, or too early to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm not sure if it's too early to tell or not. My 2 Leo's are around 3.5 to 4 years old. Double (Doubs) is 6" long while Trouble (Troubs) is 5.5" long. Can you tell from these plastron shots?

Doubs
July-08 DoubsPlastron.jpg

Troubs
July-08 TroubsPlastron.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, CA
Jas2Cats said:
I'm not sure if it's too early to tell or not. My 2 Leo's are around 3.5 to 4 years old. Double (Doubs) is 6" long while Trouble (Troubs) is 5.5" long. Can you tell from these plastron shots?

Doubs

Troubs

Thanks everyone :)

I love the names - Double Trouble :p

It's hard to accurately identify the sex at such a young age, but if I have to make a guess now, Double is male and Trouble is female.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks~! It would be great if my rocks (as my husband calls them) turn out to be a male and a female. :D

I got Trouble first and gave him (I've been calling them males all along) the name because my Hubby didn't want me to get one LOL Then, a month later, I saw Double at the same reptile store, and got him. Had to name him Double because I doubled the trouble I was in with my hubby LOL.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Like those strong minded females Alyce but sorry to hear you got in trouble with hubby. Hopefully now he is settling in with the new shelled kids. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.