Lethargic or just relaxing?

lexrex7

My baby sulcata has been laying in his new feeding dish. it's a mini terracotta planters dish. Usually he has periods of being super active. These past two days since I got it it seems like he hasn't it just sleeps on it or sleeps on half of it. I don't know if it absorbs heat so he likes to stay warm on it, but when I try to move him to his hide he will walk straight back and lay all lethargic like. Is this normal? (He's active during his soaks and he is eating, but not as much as he was)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Temperatures? Overall, basking, cool side, warm side?

lexrex7

@dmmj his warm side runs at 90 degrees with his basking spot a bit higher. Cooler side is mid 80s with humidity that goes from 70-80%

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
@dmmj his warm side runs at 90 degrees with his basking spot a bit higher. Cooler side is mid 80s with humidity that goes from 70-80%
I keep the redfooted and my temps are not quite as high as yours. I keep 80 in their hide area and about 85 in the light. My babies never used to bask, just lately I see them sit in their water dish under the lamp after their meal. But that's forest species, different than sulcata in their behaviors and environment demands. You have a bunch of sulcata experts here. Just follow their advise and you'll be fine:)