Let's Talk About Poop....Again!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Actually, the lack of it...I've had Chug for just over 2 weeks, and have not seen or found 1 poop! He has drinking/soaking water available at all times, and gets extra water sprinkled on his greens. He's been eating a small bit of hay with his greens also, and a soft Mazuri pellet every couple days.
I've been soaking him for 15 min about every other day (he does not like it), and during the soak he puts his head under and drinks.
He's acting fine and does not seem to be in any distress.
Could he be pooping in his burrow? Do they bury it? Should I be worried?

Ariza

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
I was also worried a couple years ago that Ariza was not pooping, even though she acted and looked healthy. I inquired of this forum and they told me the same (disgusting) facts. So, I took a narrow rake and used it inside her burrow to the very end (when I knew she was out) and pulled out an enormous amount of poop. Since then I periodically do a ''sweep'' of her burrow just to satisfy my neat nature, she obviously does not mind living in filth. LOL

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I was also worried a couple years ago that Ariza was not pooping, even though she acted and looked healthy. I inquired of this forum and they told me the same (disgusting) facts. So, I took a narrow rake and used it inside her burrow to the very end (when I knew she was out) and pulled out an enormous amount of poop. Since then I periodically do a ''sweep'' of her burrow just to satisfy my neat nature, she obviously does not mind living in filth. LOL
Thanks for commenting! I'll try that and see "what comes out"! LOL!