Lighting suggestions

NationMostWanted

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Correct. No halogens, no spots bulbs, no mercury vapor bulbs and no cfl type UV bulbs.
So testing what you said to do, the spot under my heat light the thermometer gauge is reading 100, but when I use my infrared light and point onto my thermo gauge it's reading 115? I'm guessing the gauge will be hotter if light it warming the gauge.

I was testing hanging it or stacking it on top of enclosure. Without temp gun the temp goes over 100 on enclosure. With it hanging it's about 99/100 I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
So testing what you said to do, the spot under my heat light the thermometer gauge is reading 100, but when I use my infrared light and point onto my thermo gauge it's reading 115? I'm guessing the gauge will be hotter if light it warming the gauge.
What kind of gauge is it? If it’s one of those dial ones, they can be very inaccurate, I’d go with the temp gun readings, I’d also double check with a digital thermometer. 115 is too hot for a basking spot and could cause fatal overheating

NationMostWanted

CA
What kind of gauge is it? If it’s one of those dial ones, they can be very inaccurate, I’d go with the temp gun readings, I’d also double check with a digital thermometer. 115 is

What kind of gauge is it? If it’s one of those dial ones, they can be very inaccurate, I’d go with the temp gun readings, I’d also double check with a digital thermometer. 115 is too hot for a basking spot and could cause fatal overheating
I think without it hanging the infrared is reading the bulb somehow. With it hanging temp gun and analog temp gauge is reading about 96 ish.

NationMostWanted

CA
My humidity is in 30s tho, but I don't anything inside there yet and just started playing with temp. The mulch is supposed to help change that?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I think without it hanging the infrared is reading the bulb somehow. With it hanging temp gun and analog temp gauge is reading about 96 ish.
I’d get a digital monitor then check with the temp gun to make sure, but 96 is a fine reading for directly underneath the bulb, height might need adjusting as you add substrate.
My humidity is in 30s tho, but I don't anything inside there yet and just started playing with temp. The mulch is supposed to help change that?
Don’t suppose you could attach a photo of the enclosure? Is it a closed chamber? Substrate and moisture help the humidity yes🙂