Look at this tiny Grey Tree Frog

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
@Yvonne G - Yvonne I've always said - "If I had a "Good Camera" I could probably take some good pics!". Think I got one now?

We have a 'hardy hibiscus' garden across the front of our property.. their leaves/flowers can be huge. I was looking for buds on them... it was an overcast day - they are 'late-bloomers' - and couldn't believe my eyes..... a tiny tree frog was on one of the leaves. Because of his 'camouflage' color I almost missed him! Did I say "tiny"
I doubt he was 1/2" ...

The amazing thing is he came from a turtle pond I wasn't using.. [ tons of tadpoles were in it ] at least 25 yards away - behind our house!!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Great pictures, Terry!

I have lots of tree frogs all over my property as well. Every spring there are really a lot. As the year goes on, there are fewer as a few garter snakes also love my habitats and the abundant little frogs!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Love it! I have tree frogs too, but not that vivid green like yours. Mine are brown with a dark stripe. I saw this one the other night on the side of my house:
tree frog b.jpg

. . . and this one was on the tip of a succulent right by my back door:
tree frog a.jpg

They sure do make a big sound for such a small creature.

Thanks for the picture, Terry!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
She's a giant South American marine toad. She's a pet...I just got her a few weeks back! Totally psyched still! I have always loved toads.