Look what I found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
Me and a friend were walking along the C&O and I caught a juvenile snapping turtle. He looks really healthy but it has a leech in its mouth. There was no way I could get it out. It wasn't very happy about all of this though.

329619984133_0_0.jpg

329619563653_0_0.jpg

329606100997_0_0.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Neato turtle :) I love snappers, and I wish I could adequately house one. Someday, someday, lol.

One word of caution - while it is quite common practice, holding a snapper like that can do irreparable damage to their spines. I am sure YOU did not toss him, but just for the sake of others who may read this thread, also NEVER toss a snapper of the road by the tail. It can break their spine and leave them paralyzed, and ultimately dead.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, I suppose you'd feel the same way if you were lifted up by your butt and had some giant looking you over for unknown reasons!

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
For the pics I lifted it up gently by the base of the tail and held it towards the end while taking the pics.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Rhyno47 said:
For the pics I lifted it up gently by the base of the tail and held it towards the end while taking the pics.

I believe you, lol. I wasn't reprimanding you, but threads from this forum pop up in google quite often. It was just a precaution for others that might randomly stumble on this thread ;)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
What's the C&O?

Status
Not open for further replies.