TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Redfoot NERD said:

WHADUIDOONOW???????

Terry K

If you don't know by now...I'm not gonna' be the one to let the cat outta' the bag.

moswen

5 Year Member
haha! what a funny comment. i can't believe you don't know. you make a nest out of twigs, hair, and feathers, make your wife sit on it, and she can only get up to go to the bathroom. you have to bring her her food, and maybe a blanket so that she doesn't get too cold at night. and then one fine day... your precious little egg will pip, and out will pop..... a baby! and that's where babies come from. tell that to your kids.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Thanks all..... do we know what species laid it? - a hint - might be this very one -

1ButternutEROSAFrf.jpg

She's sometimes bashful -

BASHFULBeauty.jpg

Terry K

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
matt41gb said:
K. Erosa. What's their incubation period?

-Matt

Matt I've been told 120+/- @ 83-84F.. lightly mist the eggs every other day in coarse vermiculite/fine leaf-litter.

HEERWIGO...

TEK

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Redfoot NERD said:
matt41gb said:
K. Erosa. What's their incubation period?

-Matt

Matt I've been told 120+/- @ 83-84F.. lightly mist the eggs every other day in coarse vermiculite/fine leaf-litter.

HEERWIGO...

TEK

Thanks, not much different from the red-foot. I used to have a couple of K. erosa, but sold them. I might invest in some more one of these days.

-Matt

moswen

5 Year Member
oh terry, how even more exciting, you got a hingeback egg! how wonderful, i kindof assumed it was one of your redfoots! congratulations on your success with the species! i don't think i've read you having hingeback eggs yet?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Finally, what you've been waiting for. I really can't wait to see one of those hatchlings.You know how I love their yellow marbling.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
moswen said:
oh terry, how even more exciting, you got a hingeback egg! how wonderful, i kindof assumed it was one of your redfoots! congratulations on your success with the species! i don't think i've read you having hingeback eggs yet?

Yeah Rebekah.. I'm
36_2_471.gif

A few have hatched the K. homeana.. aka "homes". Very few have hatched the K. erosa! I know of only 2 "Zoo's/Centers'" that have ( or claimed to have ) hatched - one I spoke with.. still waiting for promised pics. We all know how that goes.

I've revamped their enclosure and separated the females.. which I've been told will encourage the females to lay!

See all of them in the link in my signature - http://www.turtletary.com/hingeback.htm

TEK

terryo said:
Finally, what you've been waiting for. I really can't wait to see one of those hatchlings.You know how I love their yellow marbling.

You mean these.. TerryO? -

aMARBLEDmale.jpg

You knew this was coming -

aYELLOWmaleC.jpg

TEK

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Major congrats! I have been wondering how the last egg was doing.

moswen

5 Year Member
i love their faces. they have such yellow skin, and their faces are so snake-like, it's a neat combination. and their shells flare out so beautifully in the front, it reminds me of flower petals.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Jacqui said:
Major congrats! I have been wondering how the last egg was doing.

Well Jacqui the last one [ 3 actually from 8/25/00 ].. hasn't exploded yet! Only one has survived so far.

This last one looks fantastic in comparison.. actually incubating in fine leaf-litter and very humid mid-80's F.

Thanks for all of the congrats everyone...

TEK

Status
Not open for further replies.