Looking for a wet/dry pet

swatsx

5 Year Member
I'm looking for a pet or pets I can put in a tank that is half land half water tank could be 220 gallon maybe some kind of tropical water loving lizard? I don't want a water dragon, I was looking into croc skinks or maybe poison dart frogs I would have either a water fall with a river and pond or a spray bar set up to go off daily as rain kinda want a rain forest type setup with a river ish area

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Oh, croc skinks are AWESOME. Have you seen the 'white eyed' ones?
If you're looking for a bigger lizard, chineese water dragons sound like they'd fit you. Not sure about their happy personalities though:D

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
Tiger salamander would most likely not do well in that environment, they are mostly land dwelling as adults and they are NOT tropical. Think about their natural habitats, the Great Plains to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains There might be other types of newts and such that would be better suited. Sounds like a great amphibian habitat though. I am very partial to dart frogs. The ones I had were very "social" and almost never hid. They can be kinda hard to feed unless you get into making your own fruit fly cultures. What about a chameleon?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Australian water dragons are cool and different. Mangrove monitors can be pretty neat. Caiman lizard? My friend has one that is super cool.

swatsx

5 Year Member
Kinda not the setup I want but they are cool, also saw some pixie frogs on YouTube and those would be nice

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
If you're looking at frogs, tomato frogs are pretty cute and get a little bit bigger... aren't really 'wet' pets, but do like a good soak!

Randi

Canada
1411921673472.jpg You could do a Pac Man frog or Bull Frog. Be careful with water and Dart Frogs as they drown easily. A Chinese Water Dragon or Horned Mountain Dragon would work. Chinese Water Dragons are quite happy and I've found Horned Mountain Dragons to be more relaxed. You could do a Stink Pot Turtle or a Mata Mata? There is also a Saw Back turtle. Those guys are neat. You could do a paladarium with mudskippers, archer fish (they shoot streams of water to shoot bugs off stuff), various other fish and day geckos or tree frogs? Just throwin some out there. Here's a few pics I've managed to take over time of some. Mudskipper with leaf on head, Horned Mountain Dragon, Clawed Frogs1395691356757.jpg 1412858994692.jpg