Looking in the U.S.

Josh inman

Location (City and/or State)
Tacoma, Washington
Hey everyone I'm fairly new here but one of the only places I've found with so much information in these guys. I saw one at a local reptile expo and fell in love instantly the guy who had it got it from someone else and had no clue where to find them. So the question is are their in breeders here in the states. I know Egyptians are insanely rare and pricy but I would love to get one and maybe eventually breed them. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, Josh, and welcome to the Forum!!

We have several members who keep the Egyptian tortoise, @Will springs to mind. I don't think the female lays too many eggs per clutch, which means there aren't all that many for sale at any one time.

There are a several reptile classified web pages - faunaclassifieds.com and kingsnake.com spring to mind, but go to our Egyptian section and make note of the members who have posted there.

Good luck in your search. It's an awful cute little tortoise.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Hi Josh, welcome.

They certainly aren't insanely rare in fact, there is quite number of them in the USA and many are actually having success breeding them. They tend to pop up on classified sections, you just have to watch. They are one of the rarer Testudos but definitely attainable.