Lovin' this Tortoise thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
I've been enjoying the process of getting Petunia, my year and a half old sulcata, used to her new home. It's been about a month since I got her from a local shop. It's so neat to see her go from extremely shy to curious. She would "close up" whenever I would get near her or if I tried to pet her leg. She is starting to get used to me, and has even been waiting for me when I come in with her food in the morning.

Then tonight I was in the spare room that Petunia shares with our tarantulas. I was feeding the spiders and paying her no attention. She apparently didn't think that was very cool, so she kept positioning herself and watched me with her neck waaay out. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was jealous that I wasn't in there to talk to or feed her! So when I was done I picked her up and instead of pulling all of the way in, she stood up on my hands and let me stroke her leg. Progress...

IMG_1009.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, you are definitely NOT the Lone Ranger!! We're ALL lovin' this tortoise thing! Your little guy is very cute. I really love those sulcata faces. And his food mustache is very becoming!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Petunia will love them Hibiscus! .....
Nice looking tort!
JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.