Lulu ate a woodchip

Wolfie

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
My young sulcata just ate a woodchip. It was kinda big, but small enough for her to swallow without problem. Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do?

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
You can soak her for the next few days and feed her food that keeps the guts moving.

Torts (especially sulcatas from what I've seen) swallow inedible things all the time, there was a thread I saw where one swallowed a sock. I think yours will be fine.

Wolfie

Montana
You can soak her for the next few days and feed her food that keeps the guts moving.

Torts (especially sulcatas from what I've seen) swallow inedible things all the time, there was a thread I saw where one swallowed a sock. I think yours will be fine.

A sock! Geez. I'll soak her every day for the next couple days. Help it pass. What kind of food will help it all move along?

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
Opuntia cactus (cactus pads) can act as a kind of laxative. I'm not sure you'll need it though, if that other sully passed a sock just fine then yours can probably pass the woodchip. :D

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I'd feed catus opuntia or aloe leaf diced and mixed in with food daily until she passes it. You can also add cucumber if her poo seems dry or hard