Maggie's heart attack...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I haven't been feeling very well so I laid down on my couch and was sound asleep when there was a pounding on my door. It was a guy who lives up the street from me and he says "your turtle is walking up the street". I repeat, "my turtle"? I'm thinking about the water turtle I have in my car port storage shed. She's a very large and mean RES and I'm wondering why the guy didn't have her...Scruffie is her name. So I go out in the street with the guy and I see his SUV about a city block away in the middle of the street with his 4-ways flashing and lo and behold...Bob!
OMG you guys! Bob!!!...I really wish I was smarter and would have thought to take a picture of him and his parade. There was the guys SUV, 10 year old Ethan on his bike, and the guys wife who's herding Bob and about 5 other rugrats. So my mind is whirling a mile a minute and I stupidly asked this big badassed Harley rider if he'd help me get Bob back...duh! So we get up to Bob who is looking kind of confused and I asked the guy if we can put Bob in the back of his black shining automobile and he's looking for a graceful way to say "no he didn't want that dirty beast in his clean vehicle" when Ethan the kid next door says "I'll get his cart Maggie". Thanks Ethan I mostly don't like you, but that was right on. So I ask the guy if he can turn Bob around facing my house. I bet he weighs 250 pounds, he spreads his legs and grabs ahold of the runaway beast and makes a big grunt (or was it a fart?) and he couldn't move Bob a quarter of an inch. So I grab Bob's carapace behind his neck with my left hand and pick his front end up and twirl him around and get him headed towards my house. I hope I didn't damage the guy's ego much:D...Ethan gets the cart and we get Bob up into the cart and off we go home. Thank God for that cart. Both gates are closed so this is what I see...his pen...our ground is absolutely saturated with water...the rebar is laying on the other side
514ti1.jpg

7 stairs up to my deck...
2egh6r9.jpg

he walks across the deck...I wonder how long he sat at my back door waiting for me to open it? It's now 4:30 and it was 2PM last I saw him...
xzh9y.jpg

and down 5 wide stairs to the street
14bhvmv.jpg

and here he is looking befuddled and somewhat innocent. Bob...what in the world am I going to do with you??? Thank goodness I taught him to climb into that cart . It's too small for him now, I should have taken a picture of him in the cart but I was too busy trying to put him away and fix the cinderblocks.
I wish I had made a better story, and taken more pictures, but I was so scared I wasn't thinking. So here's your Bob fix and now I have to go lay down and get over this latest Bob adventure, which is NO adventure for me. Or maybe too much adventure for me...
fp2sus.jpg

notice the blood on his face, he got an injury...

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Crazy!

haha

I am glad you have Bob back. Looks like you will have to be doing some cleaning though

fifthdawn

5 Year Member
lol thats cute

I think you're gonna need two layers of blocks.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh, Bob!

I was laughing so hard as soon as I saw the first photo that my entire family yelled down the stairs to ask what was going on...:D

I remember the photos of Bob "leaning" on his fence in a couple of different places, looking for weak spots, apparently...then he found one. :p

I am sorry you had to deal with all that activity and stress. I hope Bob wasn't hurt seriously. I'm sure his dignity was injured, but I'm just as sure it will swiftly return to normal. After all, it is Bob. ;)

I think it's very telling that even though you don't socialize much with your neighbors, they knew the big Sulcata was yours and did their best to keep him safe from harm till you could recover him! :cool:

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh my goodness Bob!! And I thought Nelson was a troublemaker ;) Of course, Bob was just going for an afternoon stroll :)
I loved all the pictures- thanks for sharing!
Now go get some rest!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
While the story is cute... the subject line is not.

Sulcata on a rampage would have been better.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oo I love the title "Sulcata on a rampage" ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Another great Bob story! Maggie, you've got a way with words.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Poor Maggie....but....I really got scared..I thought you had a heart attack!! I am just thinking about how strong Bob has to be, to be able to push those blocks like that. Wow.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Glad he's back home!
Do you think he would have returned on his own?
I was hoping you really didn't have a heart attack!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thank God for good neighbors! glad Bob is home safe and sound.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Oh Maggie! I think the way you told it was PERFECT! I'm glad he was safe, and BOO YAH for showing up the big guy. Now they'll think twice before picking a fight with you! I'm glad Bob behaved himself around all those rugrats. :)

Glad to see you posting!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Well, it's a good thing Bob is so big he's easy to spot by everyone...it's virtually impossible to lose him and I'm sure he is famous in the neighborhood.
Maggie--you scared me with the title. I'm glad you and Bob both survived his misadventure AGAIN.
Smiles,

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
What! Man I think we need to reconsider Bobs walls soon! I can't believe I didn't see this post until just now!
Awkward_Turtle_Emoticon_by_pokeyourheadoff.gif

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
This post has shown me the kind of idiots that participate in this hobby.

Enjoy.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
-EJ said:
This post has shown me the kind of idiots that participate in this hobby.

Enjoy.

What does this mean? Am I one of those idiots? Please, EJ, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel here...(man I wish there was an---irritated smiley.)

Status
Not open for further replies.