Male or Female Redfoot?

Kristie8888

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Her shell is exactly 8" long and she's about 7 and a half years old. (I know there's pyramiding but she's fat and healthy). I always assumed its a girl but now after researching lots of pics she looks in-between to me and I'm getting confused. Would like to get her a male companion cause she humped, clicked at, and grunted on a Sulcata. I saw a clear sticky on her tail but no male anatomy coming out. Please help.

Oh and her name is Foot!

Kristie8888

I'm not feeling confident enough to start looking for a mate with those answers. At least I feel better that I'm not the only one who's not sure! LOL

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
I'm not feeling confident enough to start looking for a mate with those answers. At least I feel better that I'm not the only one who's not sure! LOL

lets call in some experts then @N2TORTS @ascott @dmmj

i'm like 95% sure it's a male based on the tail and banding around the waist i'll eat my shoe if it's not lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That def. looks male to me, he looks just like mine. If I was a betting man, I wpu;d bet male. :)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
1st pic says it all. Hourglass shape, concave plastron and what's shaping up to be a long tail... Your she looks like a he

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yuppers .....you have a male pictured there ~:oops:

Kristie8888

I thank every one of you for looking at HIM for me. Now I have to get used to the gender change...feels so weird.