Male or female?

alaskabeardogs

Location (City and/or State)
Soldotna
Was told she was a female, but now I have doubts. I'm attaching pictures of her. My male tries to mount her, but now I wonder if males will mount males. Can someone tell if she's a female by these pictures? I could take better ones if need to. Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20240305_103747.jpg
    20240305_103747.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240305_103740.jpg
    20240305_103740.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240305_103714.jpg
    20240305_103714.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First you need to not keep two housed together. The male will bug her to illness or death. If both males they will fight, possibly till one is dead. Plus it is very stressful to both of them when they are solitary animals.
How old is the one pictured?
How long have they been living in a pair?
Living under stress can and will delay maturity.

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Was told she was a female, but now I have doubts. I'm attaching pictures of her. My male tries to mount her, but now I wonder if males will mount males. Can someone tell if she's a female by these pictures? I could take better ones if need to. Thank you!!
That is a male tail.

They should never live as a pair, sexes don't matter.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Tortoises encounter each other in the wild, fight or mate or both, and go their separate ways, alone again. Naturally. Lol. Anyway, they don't live together, as a pair, so please don't make them, as neither will appreciate it and there is often injury or death as a result.

alaskabeardogs

Soldotna
First you need to not keep two housed together. The male will bug her to illness or death. If both males they will fight, possibly till one is dead. Plus it is very stressful to both of them when they are solitary animals.
How old is the one pictured?
How long have they been living in a pair?
Living under stress can and will delay maturity.
They are not housed together!

zovick

10 Year Member!
It's a boy!