Male or Female? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
I know its still early - both Bellatrix and Anakin are under 5" - but, what do you think? Male or female. They both look female to me. Thoughts?

For those with stars - In your experience, what size were you able to say whether or not your stars were definitely male or female?

Heres Anakin -

ry%3D480

and Bellatrix -

ry%3D400

Thank you!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'll give you a bump. Stars are very difficult, and it seems Burmese stars are even more so.

I think you have the names right, as in the first one is male and the second is female. Note - I've never seen a burmese star in real life, so this is just a wild guess.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Neal said:
I'll give you a bump. Stars are very difficult, and it seems Burmese stars are even more so.

I think you have the names right, as in the first one is male and the second is female. Note - I've never seen a burmese star in real life, so this is just a wild guess.

Thanks Neal. You could be right. Both were hatched the same month, but Bellatrix is growing slightly larger than Anakin. The size difference may mean nothing, but it also might be an early sign that Anakin is male and Bellatrix is female.

Thanks for the bump. :)

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Yes burmese cant be positively sexed until much later. Were they incubated for male/female?

Thanks Elliot. They weren't incubated for male/female.

At what size were you able to positively sex your stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.