Male Redfoot Health issues

Doctor_Nova

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
tl'dr I recently aquired a large male redfoot this past tuesday. We keep him and our other tortoises outside with a heated shelter and plenty of natural weeds and safe plants to eat with subsituded nutritional need and fruit.
However, since arriving here he has been rather lethargic, often pushing himself with his back legs and crawling forward with his front. Likewise his apetite is very low, but I was able to get him to take cactus pads, strawberry, and some mazzuri pellets via hand feeding. (Once I got him to eat, he'd eat on his own for a bit.) Recently I've also noticed he is everting his penis, doesnt seem to be a prolapse as it will retract on its own so im not sure there(I have my mature female seperated at a friends house for quarantine).

Overall these are the "issues" I've noted.
- Doesnt properly high walks, opts to drag himself. All legs however are responsive and if I provide support by holding him, he will walk normally and try to get away.
- Lack of appetite
- Eyes are watery, but i've noticed this with redfoots before where they just have wet eyes.
- Hasn't pooped outside a little bit tidbits during soaks, exposure of genitals seems to happen after/during soaking.
- He does extend his neck quite freequently with his head pointed up, as if his breathing is strained, but I very rarely hear any sound outside of when i mess with him or he exerts himself.
- I've also noted no bubles in the nose, however I have began saline flushes just incase.
My current working theories are a possible URI and constipation? The latter of which I am using soaks, cacti, and mineral oil to try and help. I will be reaching out to my vet on monday.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you know if he was able to walk normally before you got him?
I rescued a leopard years ago that was housed in a small tank. He couldn't walk and was way under sized for his age. I did hydrotherapy daily, sometimes twice a day for about 6 months or so, can't really remember and now he walks normal and fast and caught up to the size he should be.
Keep yours a little warmer than normal, 85 day and night incase an RI is starting. Give him some time to settle in and keep an eye on him
Be careful with a vet visit, most vets do not know how to treat tortoises. If they don't do test then be careful with letting them treat him with any drugs. If they only look at him, they can't know what's wrong.