Master and Commander

TortoiseDVM

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Wayne gave a presentation about his compound at the TTPG conference this year and I saw pics of what I presume was the parents of one of your babies there.

Very Cool! I really regret not being able to attend TTPG this year as much as I tried too. I bet it was awesome!

Commander is an offspring of Wayne's herd. Wayne was very knowledgeable and that would have been a presentation to hear. I left his compound with him sharing ideas of taking sand paper to the dorsal point of Galapagos eggs for oxygen exchange... and then stories of a 18th century pirate ship evading an HMS frigate in the Galapagos, which threw provisions overboard (including tortoises) to gain speed, an event theorized to have led to some of the "hybridization" of subspecies on the islands. He's definitely a character worth listening too!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your babies are looking great. Glad your sharing them with us. I think it's so cute though, that enclousre you made for them, is so small for two little ones that will out grow it in know time:D. Well, at least they can enjoy it for a short time:)