Mazuri tortoise diet

Jayme_3

Location (City and/or State)
RI
I’ve seen many talk about feeding their tort Mazuri and read nothing but good things, but when I peaked at the ingredients listed on the back I couldn’t bring myself to buy it for my little one.. maybe I’m just being a crazy tort mom ? but I’m not sure soybean meal, rice flour, corn gluten meal, etc sit well with me.. any input??

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I feed it as a part of a varied diet, and think of it as a supplement... it's in wide use across the world and has been for decades, but it's of course fine not to include it in your torts diet.

Jamie

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’ve seen many talk about feeding their tort Mazuri and read nothing but good things, but when I peaked at the ingredients listed on the back I couldn’t bring myself to buy it for my little one.. maybe I’m just being a crazy tort mom ? but I’m not sure soybean meal, rice flour, corn gluten meal, etc sit well with me.. any input??
No one is impressed by the ingredients list, but all who use it are impressed by the results. Its a good supplement, but certainly not "necessary".

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You're not the first to balk at the ingredients list. But rest assured that hobbyists and professionals including zoos have been using it for decades and the results speak for themselves.
While it isn't supposed to be a food staple, it IS a very good and convenient feeding option in moderation and as part of the diet.
This type of food isn't necessarily. But to me, it's very helpful to have on hand.
I trust it completely.
And I recommend it.