Mazuri?

Tracylaughs

Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati
Good afternoon! This is my first post.

I live on St Croix, USVI. I have 10 redfoot tortoises who live in an outdoor enclosure. I feed them lots of leafy greens and other veggies, mushrooms and the occasional fruit.

I'd love to supplement their diet with a tortoise food. I remember reading a thread about two different tortoise foods, and one of the two was definitely preferred by most people in the forum. Was it Mazuri?

Also, Mazuri doesn't ship to the USVI... But I found it on Amazon (it's more expensive, though).

Thanks!
Tracy (Lucky, Archie, Tina, Timmy, Calypso, Pfeiffer, Britney, Squirtle, Lucia, & Rico)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, it was Mazuri. Mazuri Tortoise Diet comes in two types. Most tortoises don't like the LS type.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I also like Rep-Cal Tortoise Maintenance food for my torts... I'd be happy to mail you some of either or both if that'd be cheaper than ordering it from Amazon or whatever.

Jamie

Tracylaughs

Cincinnati
Great! Thanks so much for the answer and information about LS vs original. I just ordered a 1.5 pound bag to try it out.

On Amazon, the 25 pound bag is around $57. Worth it, if they like it.

Tracy

Tracylaughs

Cincinnati
I also like Rep-Cal Tortoise Maintenance food for my torts... I'd be happy to mail you some of either or both if that'd be cheaper than ordering it from Amazon or whatever.

Jamie
I ordered a small bag to test it out. How much would it cost to order a 25 pound bag from you?

Thanks!

Tracy

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Great! Thanks so much for the answer and information about LS vs original. I just ordered a 1.5 pound bag to try it out.

On Amazon, the 25 pound bag is around $57. Worth it, if they like it.

Tracy
Chewy has it for $37 and over 59 is free shipping

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks! I'll see if Chewy ships here.
I get bags of the NON LS formula Mazuri (called formula 5M21) at my local feed store.
Is there a feed and livestock/animal supply store near you?
Mazuri is made by Purina.
Most shops have it, or can easily get it for you.