McCords box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I'll def do that Anthony, i'd never realized how gorgeous these guys are. Any cuora species is awesome, def want to get a group of keeled boxies one day.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Re: RE: McCords box turtle

tortadise said:
Will said:
Well, of course McCord has and breeds them. Will

LOL. Now thats funny Will.

Not funny at all, it is a species described based on individuals first ending up in his collection and bred there. And that is not the only one. So many recent species have been described this way by McCord, some academics have played "fecal" politics on the guy.

Will

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Will said:
tortadise said:
Will said:

Not funny at all, it is a species described based on individuals first ending up in his collection and bred there. And that is not the only one. So many recent species have been described this way by McCord, some academics have played "fecal" politics on the guy.

Will

Well I thought it was funny, in a weird science way of course. So where is Mr W.P. Mccord these days? He seems to have quite a bit of the new research on Cuora? I don't suppose Will you have worked with him in the past? I would love to find some of his articles of proceedings.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
http://www.eastfishkillanimalhospital.com/staff.html

I used this new fangled thing called the internet, and then on that, the internet, I found this search engine called Google, but it has nothing to do with Barney, nor his eyes. I came up with the URL (some kind of way to describe an "address" on this internet thing) and it was like a TV to a channel just about Dr. McCord.

Then I got even more curious, and found this part of The Google, called, get this, "Google Scholar". In that esoteric place I used the common way that scientists put there name on documents they write, so then it would be like this "McCord W P" and found many many many articles that had in their title "new turtle described" that McCord had been a author of.

This Internet thing is amazing, you should try it sometime.

I also saw that there was a highlighted three letters in some of the new URLs "pdf" was them three letters. When I used my rat ~ er ah mouse, and clicked on them letters, it was magic, the whole text of the article appeared on TV ~ er ah computer.

Then, being the dickens I am, I tried to find a way to get just the URLs that had pdf. I found this other search engine, maybe The Googles wife, called, now get this it's super cool, "PDF Queen" http://www.docpdfs.com/ Now I could search with terms like "McCord W P Turtle" and get many of those magic whole text documents to appear on my computer.

This all so cool, you ought to check it out.

Will

tortadise said:
Will said:
tortadise said:
Will said:

Will

Well I thought it was funny, in a weird science way of course. So where is Mr W.P. Mccord these days? He seems to have quite a bit of the new research on Cuora? I don't suppose Will you have worked with him in the past? I would love to find some of his articles of proceedings.

Weldd

10 Year Member!
How's the pyxis emporium?

Will said:
http://www.eastfishkillanimalhospital.com/staff.html

I used this new fangled thing called the internet, and then on that, the internet, I found this search engine called Google, but it has nothing to do with Barney, nor his eyes. I came up with the URL (some kind of way to describe an "address" on this internet thing) and it was like a TV to a channel just about Dr. McCord.

Then I got even more curious, and found this part of The Google, called, get this, "Google Scholar". In that esoteric place I used the common way that scientists put there name on documents they write, so then it would be like this "McCord W P" and found many many many articles that had in their title "new turtle described" that McCord had been a author of.

This Internet thing is amazing, you should try it sometime.

I also saw that there was a highlighted three letters in some of the new URLs "pdf" was them three letters. When I used my rat ~ er ah mouse, and clicked on them letters, it was magic, the whole text of the article appeared on TV ~ er ah computer.

Then, being the dickens I am, I tried to find a way to get just the URLs that had pdf. I found this other search engine, maybe The Googles wife, called, now get this it's super cool, "PDF Queen" http://www.docpdfs.com/ Now I could search with terms like "McCord W P Turtle" and get many of those magic whole text documents to appear on my computer.

This all so cool, you ought to check it out.

Will

tortadise said:
Will said:
tortadise said:
Will said:

Will

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just in case anyone is offended by the condescension of Will's last post towards tortadise, they are friends and this was just good-natured ribbing.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah Will is awesome. I love his sense of humor. That is an awesome PDF search engine too. Found some good stuff on planicauda. Too bad I don't speak German.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Yeah Will is awesome. I love his sense of humor. That is an awesome PDF search engine too. Found some good stuff on planicauda. Too bad I don't speak German.

Just ask your computer to translate for ya. :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Jacqui said:
tortadise said:

Just ask your computer to translate for ya. :D

How do I do that? I am telling yah. I am not tech savy. I hate it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When the page first comes up, pay attention to the very top. GOOGLE will ask you if you want them to translate the page for you. You click the yes box.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
This is getting way off topic. I notice some people don't read expressed things directly, but I can't imagine how many more people read that fun passage that Tortadise and I exchanged in and now know how to use Google Scholar, PDF Queen, and now thanks to Yvonne Google Translate. Oh man!! you mean someone learned something while peeping on an off topic bit-O-the-fun. Call me trickster.

I see some future in Kelly that makes TFO a credible entity beyond the people who ... no need to finish that sentence.

Will

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Re: RE: McCords box turtle

Jacqui said:
You mean a long neck? :D

009_zps2c2da4fc.jpg

That's a cool looking turtle!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

wildak

5 Year Member
I could be wrong but didn't Dr. McCord die a few years ago ?

Status
Not open for further replies.