medicine for tort

RecklessCyanide

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal
So as i stated earlier that my sulcata has RI, and after seeing a vet, he is treated with chlorpalm 250. and the prescription is for 3 weeks. is this GOOD for my tort? he weighs 860 grams, 2cc of chlorpalm 250 per day.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It is never advisable to receive and/or use medical care information from the Internet. Sorry, but really, think of all the tortoise websites that advocate raising dessert tortoises on sand, dry with no soakings. Or mammal vets that think they know proper care of tortoises or reptiles in general.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
So as i stated earlier that my sulcata has RI, and after seeing a vet, he is treated with chlorpalm 250. and the prescription is for 3 weeks. is this GOOD for my tort? he weighs 860 grams, 2cc of chlorpalm 250 per day.
Well, I would follow your vets instructions. Does your vet have experience with tortoises? Usually the dose has something to do with the tortoises weight. Did your that way your tortoise?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes. The tortoise would be dosed and treated by weight and by the type of bacteria found.
This is not a "one cure fits all" situation.
I would continue to use what the vet prescribed and use all of it. Stopping before the dosing is over could result in super resistant bacteria.
As per your actual question, I'm sorry. But I have no first hand experience with anything called Chlorpalm.