Growth spurts/winter weights

jabbamama

Hey everyone.
We adopted our baby Bowser in April of this year when he was about 7 months old and weighed 92 grams. His current weight is 250 grams!
However, he hasn't had any significant weight gain in the past 3 weeks or so. He stays between 250 and 267, depending on his bowel movements for the day. Big poop lol
Is it normal for the weight gain to slow? Especially in the winter months?

He has everything he needs and is very healthy. The basking side of his tort table is about 90 deg whilst the cool side is about 75. He has a humid hide, and thanks to a humidifier in the room, it stays around 70%. Always has clean water in the enclosure and soaks every couple of days in addition. He has basking plus uvb. He gets calcium Added to his food every other day. Daily he gets mazuri along with either fresh wheat grass or orchard grass (hay). As a treat he will get endive once a week, maybe a little kale too. Once a month he gets a romaine treat. His urine today had more urates than usual so he will be taking a break from his treats for a while. He is active and alert and doing great.

Just a tad curious about the weight gain slowing.

Thanks!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
at that age, I don't like to let my area get below 90, even on the cool side. I wouldn't worry about the growth being consistent. As long as he's eating, pooping and going pee,

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Urates are normal as long as they are not gritty. Dehydration causes urates not treats.