Meet Arliss...(and the rest of the MEAN MACHINE) our newest Sudanese sulcata! Photo HEAVY!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
WOW! Is it safe to presume ONLY the adults get these? Or do you feed to juveniles, as well?

~ Fortunately, we have many sources that call us when throw outs are available, honestly we often times get way more offers than we accept. We feed these as a special snack, usually only a few times a year. The bulk of our groups diet is grass, weeds, cactus and hay.

IMG_1884.JPG

Last edited:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
WOW! Is it safe to presume ONLY the adults get these? Or do you feed to juveniles, as well?

~ We offer them to anything over one year or 6" in moderation.

~ Never any hatchlings or anything under one year of age or 6" of growth. We adhere to a very strict diet at this stage of growth and development. Never any fruit, vegetables, commercial chows or commercial supplements of any kind. Strictly grass, weeds, cactus, etc.

Last edited:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
So! Robert at Hemme Feed here in Antelope Valley did me a HUGE favor! He had his guys mill a couple hundred pounds of alfalfa for me! About 80%leaves and 20%stems... Then Greg @ALDABRAMAN gave me this brainstorm. He told me his herd rwceives no Mazuri until they're juveniles. I've NEVER tried that (and I'm not about too now)! BUT! I thought I'd try feeding a 50/50 Mazuri/alfalfa mash...about the same consistency as oatmeal...not in the least bit mushy! Of course, theory is great and all! then I tried it out on Arliss. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!IMG_2559 (2).JPG IMG_2562 (2).JPG IMG_2563 (2).JPG IMG_2573 (2).JPG IMG_2585 (2).JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here's the box...and a close-up of the product! Each box is a hundred pounds
IMG_2588.JPG IMG_2589.JPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'll be curious about the growth rate now… I love that you are back posting again. Looking forward to watching Arliss grow.

If Arliss turns out to be female, I'm calling dibs right here right now when you decide to sell her in a year or two!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'll be curious about the growth rate now… I love that you are back posting again. Looking forward to watching Arliss grow.

If Arliss turns out to be female, I'm calling dibs right here right now when you decide to sell her in a year or two!
:)

kaycov

5 Year Member
Lexington
My little redfoots love peppers - they get a diced-up variety of the yellow, green and red. They'll eat those before anything else.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
This morning I discovered that Arliss is feeding in his night quarters! His chamber is 3 inches of warm, moist coconut bark! I throw in a handful of mulberry leaves and a nopal pad...he's had this set-up for a week...and this is what I noticed this morning! My daughter said he nibbled a little two nights ago...but there's no doubting this kid's appetite! He loves the mash of Mazuri and alfalfa...50/50 blend. This is the first time with no cactus fruit added! Also...first mushmouth shot!
IMG_2785.JPG IMG_2746.JPG IMG_2765.JPG