meeting another cake!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
Hi , been trying in introduce ihop to his parents and ihop to 6mos. Olds. Ihop is almost 3 yrs.Old. well, ihop bit his mother's leg and held on. Took him away. I tried this a couple of times a week , thinking slowly they will like each other. What do you think? Makes me wonder .... I wanted to add a female to my pair. What if they don't like each other? Cakes are strange. Thank you.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Maybe it was a love bite? :p I don't own any cakes so I don't really know their temperament but when it comes to the torts I own - when they are introduced to something new they act a little strange/weary for awhile but soon they settle.

So maybe your cakes just need time. :tort:

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
No, a nasty pull you head back in your head and hang on bite. Will try and play video of the stinker doing it. Like I said , strange little ones.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
No, a nasty pull you head back in your head and hang on bite. Will try and play video of the stinker doing it. Like I said , strange little ones.

Aww poor cakes. :eek:

It sounds like he just has a particularly bad temperament at the moment, you probably just need to work with him and over time he should learn to get used to being around the others.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well I'd say IHOP is a male then. We keep a 6.7 (I think haven't counted in a whole) together there's a few alpha males that will and can get pretty nasty but not for too long. Once the female submits and the male breeds with her it's all over. Biting shoving and all the nasty stuff usually doesn't last very long. Maybe change the hides up while you soak them and introduce all of them at the same time with a "new" enclosure.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Thanks everyone. Will try. Nasty little ihop. Will try and post the video, of him doing it.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Hi, I tried putting ihop in with his parents and he gets nasty. So....I put him in with his baby brothers(6-7) mos. Olds. Worked like a charm! One less set up. Guess ihop is just a big baby.