Mega millions fantasy.....

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I often fantasize about what I would do with my lottery winnings should I be one of the few to actually win the lottery. Recently, my day dreams have turned to where I would build my Tortoise and Turtle refuge. I'm thinking South Texas near the coast. Around the El Campo area. Plenty of farmable land out there and the climate is nice and warm most of the year and there is plenty of humidity. So, where would you open yours if you won the lottery?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My sanctuary would be right here in Nebraska. I already have a start to it, but the money would come in handy for the winter housing (greenhouses) and the fwncing/walls... along with bringing in additional electrical needs. I would like to do some solar panels and some wind usage ideas.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Hahahaha I just texted this very thing to my husband a little while ago. I said, "if we win the lottery, we are soooooo starting a tortoise farm."

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I think we bought a ticket. So I assume no one won?
I would buy some land and make an animal rescue and have an area for the tortoises.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Last time I checked, it was up to 636 million. That is a whole bunch of Tortoises!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought a quick pick this a.m. Has there been any research done as to what kind of numbers have been winning...I mean, quick pick over chosen numbers?

I'm so old, that I'd have to leave my winnings to my heirs. I'd just stay living right here where I am, but I'd make some drastic improvements. I'd really love to have a cement/stucco wall with a cement footing down into the ground, all around the whole property.

Ah, daydreams!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I mentioned in a different thread that the odds of being struck by lightning while being attracted by a shark are better than winning. But, if you don't hang out where sharks are, and baring sharknato, I think I've a better chance of winning. Well, as long as I buy tickets.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
I'm so old, that I'd have to leave my winnings to my heirs.

Just keep in mind, I am available for adoption.... :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui said:
Yvonne G said:
I'm so old, that I'd have to leave my winnings to my heirs.

Just keep in mind, I am available for adoption.... :D

My moms name was Yvonne G. as well, does that help increase my odds of being adopted as well?

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Oh to be able to start a tortoise education and conservation in an urban area, like here in Orange County near Disneyland.

And then to start a rescue ... and to independently hire all the lobbyists needed to change policies, like all California animals can be spayed/neutered for FREE. Well, not really free, because we have all been over-taxed over the years in order to kill them under the "animal care" banner, and administrators and unions get 82% of all monies right off the top, nothing left for animals, but animals do not vote, so they are taken advantage of night and day, right and left. In any case, taxpayers should be able to walk in and get animals spayed or neutered for free. Our taxes should not be paying for phenobarbital, period. So barbaric. Buying politicians to change that is what I would do with that kind of money. For animals.

Then I would buy my own My BeeBee Sea Shepherd ship so that they can continue their great work. Go Sea Shepherd!

Oh, I could go on ... I hope I do not get hit by lightning on my way to buy my tickets today since odds of that are greater. Gotta go look at Little Jade the leopard tortoise's pictures, so a little luck comes my way.

Whoever wins, good luck to ya! You may need it. Money changes everything. Hopefully, for the better! : )

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Id pay off my credit card debt, fill up my car ,,, then go back to work,,,, I'd still need the income! :p

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
This thread is funny because just this morning on my way to work I was mapping out my tortoise dreams :tort: in my head if I won the big jackpot. I guess I need to buy a ticket first :D I heard that it should be nearly a billion by the time the drawing takes place tomorrow night. WOW can I say WOW!! Gonna buy a ticket tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder! I would definitely do tortoise/turtle rescues, education and help with conservation efforts.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Mega millions fantasy.....

Cowboy_Ken said:
No need to check your tickets folks. I won…

$2.00 for the $5.00 I spent.

Hey long lost brother ...never mind .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

mike taylor said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
At least two people have matched the winning numbers in Tuesday night's $636 million Mega Millions jackpot.

One winning ticket was sold in Georgia, and the other was sold in California, lottery officials said.

The winning numbers were 8, 14, 17, 20 and 39, with a Megaball of 7.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

mike taylor said:
mike taylor said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Sure thing lost brother just remember me when you hit the big time . Ha ha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My daughter played some birthday numbers and she won $50.