Mega Ray bulb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Here's an update to that. I sent them emails a few days ago and they were saying they will get it sent out to me soon. Now granted this is a replacement for something that broke and defective. But still.... I'll be surprise to see the bulb on my door steps.

scubatyler

5 Year Member
I have been waiting for a replacement 275 watt mega ray for five months now. The first bulb I got burned out in two days and for the past 5 months they have been telling that they will ship the replacement any day now. I just want the truth! Is this company good or bad? They have stopped returning my calls and e-mails so I don't know what to think. Do you guys think my bulb will ever come? :(

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Sheesh, by the time you guys get them, your warranties will have already expired months ago.

They make great bulbs, there's no denying that. But the way they do business is just plain crazy.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Well, what I heard from jimmy is that they're lacking manpower. He's taking up every possible role u could think of, except shipping. They lost a quarter million dollars because the glass that their previous manufacturer (from Canada) produced weren't safe and gave problems. Now, they've got a new manufacturer in Germany and it's been good so far after all the hand testing they did on the bulbs. So I think they've taken a huge hit, and they'll probably lose customers, but they stood by the fact that they'd give the best for our reptiles. Hopefully it'll be different next year, business wise.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I bought my bulb on 12/02 with the understanding that the backorder was over, I was sent an evidently false tracking number claiming it was shipped. No communication from seller. It seems to me to be a one man operation. I am currently using one of his bulbe, and like it, but I'm very close to fed up. Is this just some guy with a few cases of bulbs in his garage, mailing out a few each night when he gets home from his "real" job?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Yes, it does sound like they are doing their best for our reptiles. But isn't it ironic that they don't seem to be doing anything for their actual customers. Fake tracking numbers, months-long waits, no communication, little explanation, etc. I like the idea that he's just a guy doing this from his garage as it makes more sense, but this seems to be his full-time job so i don't understand why his big hold up.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Seems his business exploded into something bigger than he was ready to handle at the moment.Probally over his head right now,but he has a good product.

I'm sure when it all get's straightened out,things will be fine.Just gonna take some time.

scubatyler

5 Year Member
I sent a nasty email to mega ray yesterday and got an e mail back from them this morning saying that my order slipped through the cracks and they are very sorry. It supposedly shipped out today. We shall see if it actually shows up this time. I would rather have to wait 5 months for a good bulb than have them send me a crap bulb that will burn out in a day like the first one they shipped me before they discovered that their manufacturer started to cut corners. I hope they can recover from customer service set back.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
NEtorts said:
are you all using the EB or the SB i ordered the sb but only because they didnt have any EB, seems like the EB is a better value in the long run but only if you dont need the heat out of the bulb.....cant wait to get it non the less

I would agree that the EB is the better value in the long run! That's what I use.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Still getting the run around from mega ray? I just sent email asking why it's been over a month. I think he needs to fire himself, and hire someone who knows what he's doing.I just checked the tracking no. says "order processed, ready for ups."(dated 12/22)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Is any one using a new Mega ray bulb ? The reason I ask is I got my order on Dec 23 had it for a back up :) I got a new tort and had to use it in a quarantine table plugged it in Wednesday it blew this morning 3 days not happy. Has any one else had any problems?

3222uber

5 Year Member
Ordered mine in August. I received it in December and was DOA. Just received my replacement on 1/7/11 and it just died this morning. Luckly I have a T-Rex as a back up. I'm starting to loss faith in the Qaulity Control that they have.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I'm glad to see people are getting their bulbs....... still no bulb to this date and they are starting to ignore my emails.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
I saw that mine was shipped out on the 10th of Jan 2011. Ordered on the 22nd of Dec 2010.
Been ignoring my email since last friday. Well good thing they got my bulb out though. I do hope they resume "Usual" business soon.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
ISTortoiseLover said:
I saw that mine was shipped out on the 10th of Jan 2011. Ordered on the 22nd of Dec 2010.
Been ignoring my email since last friday. Well good thing they got my bulb out though. I do hope they resume "Usual" business soon.

They gave you a tracking #?

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Oh yes, tracking number.. Not 1 but 2 tracking numbers. One from UPS, and one from USPS. After several emails and holding onto the tracking numbers for 2 weeks++, the one from USPS finally showed "Your item left the United States from ISC MIAMA FL (USPS) at 3:00pm etc etc."

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I finally got my bulb. It took about 40 days. Track no. they sent me was bogus. Sent another 10 days later that was good, only after letter I sent. No apology, no explanation. ISTortoiseLover Wrote:
"I saw that mine was shipped out on the 10th of Jan 2011. Ordered on the 22nd of Dec 2010.
Been ignoring my email since last friday. Well good thing they got my bulb out though. I do hope they resume "Usual" business soon." This IS business as usual.

coreyc: Sorry to hear you got a bum bulb. I guess all his testing is worthless.Time to tell him how you really feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.