Miracle gro

Helazbee

Location (City and/or State)
St.Helens
Hi guys,
We bought some plants and also have grown some from seed (pansies, geraniums etc.) They are for the garden but we add some to our torts meals to give her a bit of variety. My wife forgot and fed them with miracle gro. I'm wondering will this flush out eventually? Will I be ok to feed them to her ever?
Thanks in advance

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

Ive been using MiracleGro on plants fed to our Ms Sully for years now. I wouldn't apply MG today & pick greens tonight, but from what I understand water soluble MG is taken up & used pretty quickly by plants during the growing season. Sooo, just stop your application, continue watering, and all should be perfectly fine. No herbicides or pesticides of course….

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys,
We bought some plants and also have grown some from seed (pansies, geraniums etc.) They are for the garden but we add some to our torts meals to give her a bit of variety. My wife forgot and fed them with miracle gro. I'm wondering will this flush out eventually? Will I be ok to feed them to her ever?
Thanks in advance
Miracle grow makes a lot of different products. If it is just plain fertilizer, and not any sort of weed n' feed, or pesticidal concoction, then I agree with Mark that it should be totally fine as long as the tortoise does not have direct access to the actual fertilizer product. Plants grown with plain fertilizers are safe for tortoises. All plants need fertilization, one way or another, to grow.

Reactions: frm

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance
Reading your post again, I left out the info about the store bought plants. All decorative plants are grown with systemic pesticides. This is done to protect our agriculture industry. It take one year for those pesticide to dissipate.