MISSION:Get Billy back.

yillt

Hi everyone.
So you might know that I was planning on selling Billy.
I went along with my plan and sold him,:(
But now I have to get him back.I have tons of reasons:
1.i miss him SOOOO badly
2.the women is keeping him on pellet bedding
3.She wraps a blanket round him to keep him warm
4. She only feeds his pellets (mazuri)5. I sold him due to space but I found somewhere I can keep him.
5.He is mine and I have to get him back.
I have many more. I know you will think that I did something stupid but everyone makes mistakes,
Please help me undo my mistake.I want him back so badly.I will do anything like buying the women another tortoise.I HAVE to have him back. Please don't tell me I can't because I can't live without him. What shall I say to the lady??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I agree, be completely honest with her on how things have changed in your ability to keep him and how much you have come to miss Billy. Offer her a choice between money or you giving her another tortoise in place of Billy. Good luck.

yillt

Thanks everyone. I feel so happy at the prospect of having him back. Whatever happens I am going to get him back.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
this if your fault I'm sorry but its true. you sold him to a bad owner that obviously has no knowledge about proper tortoise care. show the lady the health risks for the tortoise of keeping the tort in that way and try to buy him back. i hope you get your tort back:)

yillt

this if your fault I'm sorry but its true. you sold him to a bad owner that obviously has no knowledge about proper tortoise care. show the lady the health risks for the tortoise of keeping the tort in that way and try to buy him back. i hope you get your tort back:)
I completely agree, it's my fault. She sounded knowledgable and she had had a tortoise before but obviously she is not very. ;)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Also, you keep saying your tort...be respectful, that is not your tortoise---you sold it to the lady and now she has ownership of the tortoise....please don't address the tortoise as yours while begging, that may be offensive to some....also, if you are saying that this lady needs schooling on better husbandry, why in the world would you be so selfish as to purchase another tort and offer it up as a sacrifice ?

yillt

Also, you keep saying your tort...be respectful, that is not your tortoise---you sold it to the lady and now she has ownership of the tortoise....please don't address the tortoise as yours while begging, that may be offensive to some....also, if you are saying that this lady needs schooling on better husbandry, why in the world would you be so selfish as to purchase another tort and offer it up as a sacrifice ?
Well, obviously I would tell her how to look after the other one and I would give her a link to the tortoise forum. I am not being selfish I am trying to undo my mistake. I am sure you have made mistakes before, I am 11 and have learnt almost everything there is to know about tortoises and that is ALOT.I posted on here because I thought everyone would be supportive and help me not dis courage me.Many of the members know I am young and came here to learn. I buy everything for my (The lady's )tortoise.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I understand your age....I also understand that you are old enough to understand that your actions either have consequence or benefit....so, while I hope all works out for you in your adventure.....I also understand that you are old enough to understand what it is to be respectful to this woman. Age is not an excuse for poor manners. I believe if you are respectful of the fact that this woman has also done alot to prepare for the tortoise then you may come out in a positive situation.

yillt

I understand your age....I also understand that you are old enough to understand that your actions either have consequence or benefit....so, while I hope all works out for you in your adventure.....I also understand that you are old enough to understand what it is to be respectful to this woman. Age is not an excuse for poor manners. I believe if you are respectful of the fact that this woman has also done alot to prepare for the tortoise then you may come out in a positive situation.
I am not being rude. I have said nothing unkind or rude to the women.I email her regularly to see how Billy's getting on.I made no indication of being rude to the women, but you see it doesn't sound like she likes Billy and that's the reason I would like him back. I want him to be loved. I could buy her a young tort and explain all the needs to her.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
i would be honest and see what happens. i defiantly wouldn't show how desperately you want him back. some people would see it as an opportunity to take advantage. if you do go the route of offering a replacement tort you could print out the care sheets from here and hand them over with the new tortoise and just tell her they came with the tort from the breeder ;).

yillt

I'm sorry but i have to say it is kinda rude to sell someone something then ask for it back, the world doesn't work that way. please don't give her a sacrifice tortoise, most likely she will give the same bad care to that tortoise. how is one life more important than another?
I know. That's why I thought I better ask you guys here on tortoise forum for a solution.I understand and now I think maybe I shouldn't ask for him back. It's just that I love him so much.:(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Or offer her the money back.

I think you are getting defensive when it is not necessary....you see, you are seeing your point of view from a place of an 11 year old, and that is a wonderful place----but you are going to be dealing with an adult who will be coming from a different place....I don't think you understand the reason I am trying to offer up some pointers to you---you seem to see me as attacking you, I am not.

If you want success in this venture, respect and tactfulness are key....be polite, be respectful and put all of the blame for the mistake right on yourself----what I mean is, present your situation in such a way that this woman WANTS to help you....this is the honey that will work....do you understand where I am coming from...?

You shared in your initial post all of the things you wanted to put out there to win the affections and cheering on of the members on this forum..mentioning all of the things she is doing wrong to your tortoise...this sparks mob mentality against the woman and cheering for you as the one who is trying to do good by saving the tortoise....when in actuality you are the one that sold the tortoise (you regret now) and now you are in the position to convince this woman that your decision has now left you in regret and then be honest with her as to why you want the tort back....I mean, now you find you have a better place for the tort---what happens when the tort is large/grown, will you still have the appropriate space?

yillt

I think you are getting defensive when it is not necessary....you see, you are seeing your point of view from a place of an 11 year old, and that is a wonderful place----but you are going to be dealing with an adult who will be coming from a different place....I don't think you understand the reason I am trying to offer up some pointers to you---you seem to see me as attacking you, I am not.

If you want success in this venture, respect and tactfulness are key....be polite, be respectful and put all of the blame for the mistake right on yourself----what I mean is, present your situation in such a way that this woman WANTS to help you....this is the honey that will work....do you understand where I am coming from...?

You shared in your initial post all of the things you wanted to put out there to win the affections and cheering on of the members on this forum..mentioning all of the things she is doing wrong to your tortoise...this sparks mob mentality against the woman and cheering for you as the one who is trying to do good by saving the tortoise....when in actuality you are the one that sold the tortoise (you regret now) and now you are in the position to convince this woman that your decision has now left you in regret and then be honest with her as to why you want the tort back....I mean, now you find you have a better place for the tort---what happens when the tort is large/grown, will you still have the appropriate space?
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were angry, it's just that I was so hoping everyone would be happy at my decision, yes I do have the room for a full grown tort as we have a garden and when he is full grown I will have my own house anyway. I am sorry. :(

yillt

My new question is do you think I SHOULD get him back or not?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I accept your apology--and thank you for offering one to me, I greatly appreciate you doing this:D....I am all for you getting the tort back, and if you do so in a true and respectful way and if it is suppose to be, it will be.....I wish you all of the luck in your negotiations son.