Mold!!!!!

kyel3840

Location (City and/or State)
Bethany , Oklahoma
I woke up this morning to this. Will it harm my baby sulcatas and how do I get rid of it? My enclosure is 84 ambient and 97% humidity20181124_112810.jpeg20181124_112815.jpeg20181124_112829.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, not harmful. Try wiping the walls with a vinegar soaked rag.

drew54

Indiana
You could line the walls with tile or something to keep moisture of them.

BenDoc

Palm Bay, Florida

Im getting mold on my substrate. im pretty sure its "snow mold". When i take my baby sulcata out of the tank to soak her for 30 mins, could i take a spray bottle with a water and light white vinegar, and spray the top of her bedding to avoid mold? it seems like it appears fairly quickly. any advice?

drew54

Indiana
This is interesting, because I have a pot that I tried to grow pasture mix in using coco coir and after the mix grew to its max I'm noticing snow mold growing on top of coir. I don't have any advice as I apologize as this is me to me also.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Really? I guess I just assumed all mold was bad
Black mold is what you have to be most cautious with. It can cause a condition know as neuro-toxin syndrome in humans where the toxins build up in your system, and your system is unable to expel them. Over time they cause damage to the soft tissues of the body including brain matter. Some folks are more susceptible to this than others, and the condition is usually hereditary. It's not the mold you can see that will harm you, it's the spores that you cannot see.