Money plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex uk
Hey all, was browsing threads when I noticed a money plant in an enclosure. I've read some real conflicting things about weather these are safe, but I found there are more than one type of "money plant" (I found three on google) I have a HUUUUGE one, but have never fed it as I believed it to be very bad for them, one very old thread said a tortoise got very poorly due to eating it. This is the plant that I have that is a money plant, is it a "safe" or a "do not feed"
8e4e16a8.jpg

Thank you :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I do not know....I do have one of those in my kitchen though...lol...although it is not intended for food to any of the shells here.....

I will be watching this thread as well, I bet Yvonne or Edna will have some good tid bits of info for us...:D I essentially suck at names and such of plants that are not native to our area...

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
It's not native to mine, we took a cutting a while back, I'd say 4 years, (re potted recently in good, crap free soil so if it is I'd only feed the new growth anyway) and now it's huge :) it's a new thread I noticed it in, within the last few hours I think. (sulcata enclosure thread I believe)
It's no biggie if it's not edible, I was just curious if I'd missed something and I'm sat on a nutritional gold mine :D I'll wait for Yvonne & Edna too (and any others that can help :)) Edna educated me on sedum that I once deemed a "nuisance" haha. I'm useless in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.