more eggs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
hi i finished work and got home about 4.30pm and as it had been such a lovely day i suspected Flash my female leopard would be ready .i noticed she had been acting gravid for a couple of days although it was very wet out last week.she was in the nesting box by about 5pm at 6.15 i noticed on the cctv she was digging .when i went down to the cellar to investigate she was sitting over a very deep hole still digging.by 7.30 she had laid and was covering this took her about an hour i have just counted the eggs laid and as suspected it was 15 this is how many she lays per clutch it has taken her two years to get :roll: from laying 12 small eggs about the size of an iberas to 15 full sized round 30g leopard eggs.
http://www.tortoise-island.com/more-eggs-tonight-t361.html
terry

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
haha your not wrong there Jessica.thanks for looking and the nice comment.
terry

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Woo Hoo..... Gotta luv dem eggs... Congrads!

JD~:)

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Congrats! That's so exciting to see. Did you ever get viable eggs/torts from the little eggs? What do you think has changed to make her have the 15 regular-sized eggs?

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
hi yes i did have hatchlings from the smaller eggs.i think these smaller eggs are just their first clutches i have had young homebred hermans tortoises whose first clutches are smaller different shaped eggs similar to tic tacs and these have hatched.the following year the eggs are normal so maybe i was just lucky they were fertile.the resulting hatchlings are of course smaller and do seem to take longer to grow than other hatchlings but they do grow so i hope eventually they will become adult size.
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.