Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
tonight my female laid 10 more eggs.
my wife caught her starting to cover the nest so I picked the eggs out while she was refilling the whole. After we got the eggs out I didn't want to wait for her to refill the whole so my wife jokingly said to refill it and leave her and see if she starts to pat the dirt. Jepp, she just started patting the dirt as if she refilled the entire whole herself!! Didn't have to wait until 3 am like last time to bring her inside!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on the additional eggs. If I remember right she laid 8 the first time in June? Now 10 more how far apart did she lay them?
Fingers crossed they are fertile. :D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats on your eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Congrats Barry. thats wonderful

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What an exciting and interesting day you three had. Congrats!!!! Can't wait for baby pictures. :D

Barry

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Crazy1 said:
Congratulations on the additional eggs. If I remember right she laid 8 the first time in June? Now 10 more how far apart did she lay them?

she laid the last batch last month around the 16th. so a little over a month apart. I don't think they are fertile but we will see. My male has been all over her but the first batch, I dont see any veins and I should after a month.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
Barry said:
Crazy1 said:

she laid the last batch last month around the 16th. so a little over a month apart. I don't think they are fertile but we will see. My male has been all over her but the first batch, I dont see any veins and I should after a month.
hi dont give up on them too quickly they dont always start to develop together i hatched a clutch about 6 years ago and the first hatched after102 days and the last one at 137 days.
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.