mothers day present

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
My son came over Sunday with this present....I'm going to put it outside, but left it in the living room for the time being...I still haven't decided if I like it or not....of course I didn't tell him that. If I can get someone to carry in I'll find a place in the yard for it.

011-20.jpg

012-18.jpg

Then I woke up to pounding and banging on the side of my house, and there was my other son starting to make the boxie garden he promised me. He said he will come over every day after work to finish it.

007-27.jpg

00920-20Copy.jpg

010-20.jpg

Nice Mothers Day.....

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
how sweet!

I cant wait till my son is old enough to choose what to do for mothers day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, I like your tortoise sculpture. I reminds me of So, my pyramided Aldabran tortoise!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I love that statue, I am sure it is going to look beautiful in your garden :).
I can't wait to see the enclosure your son is going to build :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you....how could I forget to add this...my son came in from college for one day just to take me out for lunch at an outdoor cafe'...then we got ice's and sat by the water to catch up. He had to leave the next morning because he had finals. He took a bus for 31/2 hrs. going and coming just to see me for one day. I am very blessed with these boys for sure. I also got loads of plants for my new boxie pen.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
terryo said:
Thank you....how could I forget to add this...my son came in from college for one day just to take me out for lunch at an outdoor cafe'...then we got ice's and sat by the water to catch up. He had to leave the next morning because he had finals. He took a bus for 31/2 hrs. going and coming just to see me for one day. I am very blessed with these boys for sure. I also got loads of plants for my new boxie pen.

The only thing this tells me is that somebody raised them right. Kids don't just get that way on their own. You are now being rewarded for your hard work, diligence and skill. I don't know if you are blessed or lucky, but I do know you did a fine job raising your children.

Happy belated Mother's Day to you.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Tom said:
The only thing this tells me is that somebody raised them right. Kids don't just get that way on their own. You are now being rewarded for your hard work, diligence and skill. I don't know if you are blessed or lucky, but I do know you did a fine job raising your children.

Very true :) It sounds like you have wonderful boys, but you are obviously a wonderful mother!
Then there's my mother, who just got lucky that I'm such a fabulous child.
;)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I am excited to see the final result of your boxie garden. How nice to have such skilled workers building their gifts of love for you to enjoy in your own back yard!v:D

Now, you'll have to find an unobtrusive spot for that poor pyramided sculpture, so Pio doesn't see it and think you're not taking proper care of your other tortoise...:p

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I like your new tortoise Terry. Is it a Leopard or what? ;) What nice sons you have raised looking out for their mother like that. You're blessed.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you all...I really love it, but I wish it wasn't so pyramided. That's the only thing I don't like about it. I told my grandson that it's a poor "rescued" tort that didn't have the proper care. :rolleyes: It's cold here 47 degrees, and raining, so production has stopped on my boxie pen.:(

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Huh. We have three inches of snow and more rain/snow expected today. I covered every single flower I planted last weekend, so if it doesn't freeze below 30 most of them should survive.

Would someone please send the memo to Mother Nature that it's the middle of May for cripe's sake??!! :(

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What is going on????? I can't stand it. I had to bring in two big trays of veggies. Thank God we didn't plant them yet. But I did plant lots of flowers in my flower garden. I opened the door to let the dogs out in the yard this AM, and they just stood there, and then ran back in....weewee pads all over the house now. (two lil' Chihuahua's and a 2 lb. Yorkie)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
No kidding, this weather is absolutely ridiculous. It was nicer in March for goodness sake!
I don't start work for another month so I was hoping it would be nice in May so I could lay out and go to the beach...ughhh!

And Terry you MUST post pictures of your chis and yorkie!!! My chi hates the cold weather too. She only comes out when I bring my other pup out so that she can get a treat when she comes back inside ;) She stands in the garage shivering :p

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh my goodness they are ADORABLE!!! How old are they?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Bella (yorkie) is going to be 2 May 26th....Misha (black and white Chi) is going to be 6 in Aug. and Maggie May (white Chi) is going to be 5 in Sept. They are my babies for sure.
Geezeeee I hijacked my own thread. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.