Move out side ?

Action

Location (City and/or State)
Valley Springs, Ca.
so Skittles is 21 months old and about 10 lbs....I am wanting to move him/her out side. I will have a yard and a fully set up house. Just wondering if he/she is big enough to move out side? Has really out grown the inside enclosure....
Thanks

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
I would say if you have a outdoor house and yard set up for him/her, and you don't have preditor problems (coyote, racoons, etc.) go for it. I put mine outside full time at about 4 or 5 lbs. He's now pushing 160 lbs. I just kept increasing the size of his house door as he grew. Finally had to build him a bigger house.
This advise may or may not be what the "exerts" on here will say , But it worked for me.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I would say if you have a outdoor house and yard set up for him/her, and you don't have preditor problems (coyote, racoons, etc.) go for it. I put mine outside full time at about 4 or 5 lbs. He's now pushing 160 lbs. I just kept increasing the size of his house door as he grew. Finally had to build him a bigger house.
This advise may or may not be what the "exerts" on here will say , But it worked for me.

Agree with HippyTort. Get it all set up, and move on out. Just make sure that enclosure is sturdy & ready for a bulldozer. Good luck

Not sure how cold your nights will still be, but the key as well is setting up a good safe n secure night box WITH heat if your area gets cool at night. A nice Kane mat with a thermostat will work wonders.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
so Skittles is 21 months old and about 10 lbs....I am wanting to move him/her out side. I will have a yard and a fully set up house. Just wondering if he/she is big enough to move out side? Has really out grown the inside enclosure....
Thanks
How long is he in inches?

Do you have a thermostat controlled, insulated night box? What size box and what heating elements are in it?