Mr Maxamillion

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
...But I'm so excited.
I adopted a bearded dragon.
BUT WAIT! I know you're all like, WHAT? you're getting a BT! I still am, *actually :p
Maxamillion is 6 years old, and my sister's friend is moving, and getting a new, full-time job, and simply won't have time for him anymore. *He came, for FREEEEE, with every light(unfortunately, a coil uuuvb! But I'm fixing it!), a glorious 50g, water bowl and food dish. So, that means, I still have an available 45g for mr or miss BT!!! :D:D:D
I picked him up today. I think he's a guy, he's a wee bit shy, but he's so SO alert, already took two dumps;), basked, climbed, and right now, he's in the spa :D (waterbowl:p ) And he has the CUTEST guilt trip face I've ever seen!
Stop jumping up and down! 'Cause here are some pics!!!!!!! :D:D:D
nn.jpg mm.jpg bb.jpg
He even has every one of his digits, and is tail... eyes are very clear, and he's very alert! lll.jpg nnn.jpg
I bought the slate today. It's so beautiful! nnnnn.jpg
It's 105' under the light, 90 in the middle, and 75 on the right. (DON'T worry, I'm ditching the disk:) )
He has already consumed 10 crickets, 3 super worms, and a small portion of his greens :rolleyes:
Crickies and worms (I'm already learning about roach colonies and hornworms!)
bbb.jpg
I still can't believe I did this! Not for ANY bad reason, but I was very spontaneous when I was already planning on a BT first! :eek::oops:
I'm so very excited for this new adventure into the lizard territory, FOR real, not reading or talk, and I just want to do everything right so I can see him past 10, or even 12! :<3:
Mr Max has only been in my life for a few hours, not even days, and I already love the little guy. He's so curious, and I love the way he tilts his head when he's inspecting something.
But, above all, I'm so happy I could give him a home, where I really do hope he'll be content (and definitely spoiled a little:oops: ) and just as thrilled as me!
PS, he came Maxamillion, and I'm not changing it :p;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very nice. Not a bad cage set up either.

These guys need some serious UV which will be hard for you most of the year. I'd get an Arcadia 12% HO tube over him ASAP. Powersuns work pretty well too.

If you weren't so far I'd give you a dubia starter colony.

Congrats on your new squamatid!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Congrats on this new guy! Boy oh boy did he score, getting you as an owner!
Real nice set up and fantastic price :)
Enjoy him!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Love the beardies. I miss mine. I used to put mine on a long in the window sill and he would sit there all day, no leash or anything. He was so calm. Enjoy
Thank you!
He sounds like he was a real sweetie! He had good patience!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Very nice. Not a bad cage set up either.

These guys need some serious UV which will be hard for you most of the year. I'd get an Arcadia 12% HO tube over him ASAP. Powersuns work pretty well too.

If you weren't so far I'd give you a dubia starter colony.

Congrats on your new squamatid!
Thank you! He will eventually get a 75g, to match the tank up top!
Yes. Tomorrow I'm going to the store to snag another digital from the Home Depot, and a (10%, you think?) tube from the petstore.
I've heard such good things about Arcadia, so I'm looking into buying a couple online!
I've heard they are far better, nutritionally, so I'll definitely be getting some.
Thank you :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you! He will eventually get a 75g, to match the tank up top!
Yes. Tomorrow I'm going to the store to snag another digital from the Home Depot, and a (10%, you think?) tube from the petstore.
I've heard such good things about Arcadia, so I'm looking into buying a couple online!
I've heard they are far better, nutritionally, so I'll definitely be getting some.
Thank you :p

I have two 10% tubes. Even from 10-11" away they only produce a UV index reading of 1.1. My Arcadia HO tubes produce 6.8 at 20" away.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I have two 10% tubes. Even from 10-11" away they only produce a UV index reading of 1.1. My Arcadia HO tubes produce 6.8 at 20" away.
Whew. Okay, picking up some of those in the next few days will awesome!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Question for you folks... He's soaking again, this morning. Is he dehydrated? Too hot?