Mr T out of den for first time in 2015

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
I was expecting him because our little beagle has been scratching the ground above his den and I figured she must hear Mr T scratching below. It is a beautiful day and I was outside painting when I saw him heading to the sunny part of the patio. I was a little surprised to see how fast he was moving because he doesn’t usually move so fast after brumation so he might have been up for a little while before coming out.

I quickly moved his water close by in hopes he will drink, but he doesn’t seem interested at the moment. Perhaps he will after he warms up.:)

Anyway I’m so happy to see him because I worry about him all winter.

MrT%20out%20of%20Brumation%20for%202015_1_zpssfpzqbxr.jpg

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
He moved to the north side when the sun past the house and shaded his spot, but he hasn’t had anything to drink yet. I placed another container to the new location and he still don’t seem to be interested.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Probably, but I thought it might be different since he came out so quick and enthusiastic. Well it quickly wore off although he did stay out late.
He didn't bother to come out today.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Probably, but I thought it might be different since he came out so quick and enthusiastic. Well it quickly wore off although he did stay out late.
He didn't bother to come out today.

The two men folk here who insisted on brumating in their natural dug burrows don't appear to have come out yet either....I will be pulling the two out from their closet this weekend to see if they are interested....

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
LOL, I hope I don't ever have to pull mine out because he deep down under with an 8ft tunnel.
I've been working out in the desert almost every day and I'm surprised that I have not seen any wild ones yet. We had dirt road graded last week because of the last few rains and I was out looking for tortoises. I was particularly worried about one spot in the middle of the road where something had pop up from below last year, but what ever it was, they must of realized that it wasn't a good spot.

Kenno

5 Year Member
Southern California
He looks great, Johnny!

My third man woke up Sunday. He's not at all thirsty and crawled out of his warm soak after just five minutes. He ate a little bit of butter lettuce today. Fun to have them up again!