My 2 new girls ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
09-08 Mika3web.jpg09-08 Yuri-Tati-Mika web.jpg09-08 Mika4 web.jpg09-08 Tatiana2 web.jpg09-08 Tatiana3 web.jpg[/size][/font][size=medium]I just got 2 new Russian Tortoises. I bought one from Petco and the other one was given to me from Petco because she has a crack in the shell. I think they are both females... Tatiana and Mika. They already seem to love their new home and "boyfriend", Yuri. I don't think Mika's cracked shell is very bad but will keep a close watch on it. Take a look at the photos, if you have any advice on what I should do, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They both look good :) Tatiana is a male though. :p You'll have to post a plastron picture of Mika so we can have a go at sexing.
I do though wish you hadn't put them straight in with your male. They really should have had a 6 month quarantine period before they were introduced.
I would put some triple antibiotic ointment on that crack, just to be sure.

Danny

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles
09-08 Mika2 web.jpg
egyptiandan said:
They both look good :) Tatiana is a male though. :p You'll have to post a plastron picture of Mika so we can have a go at sexing.
I do though wish you hadn't put them straight in with your male. They really should have had a 6 month quarantine period before they were introduced.
I would put some triple antibiotic ointment on that crack, just to be sure.

Danny

Here is a picture of Mika. Where do I buy the antibiotic ointment? The mgr at Petco was fairly sure the crack was there when they got her. Guess I will have to give Tati a new name :(

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Mika is a male too. :D

You can get the antibiotic ointment at any pharmacy.

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is Yuri for sure a male too? The guys all look nice. Why not just leave his name Tati and just drop the Ana part of it?

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Jacqui said:
Is Yuri for sure a male too? The guys all look nice. Why not just leave his name Tati and just drop the Ana part of it?

Yuri is male for sure... big tail, that is why I thought the other 2 were females since their tails were so much smaller than his. Oh well.... It's always nice to have a home full of males :) Their new names are Nikolai (Nicky) and Igor. I wanted females only because I heard that the males get so territorial but these 3 seem to be doing fine together. BTW... is the ointment what we would use -i.e. neosporin?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Yes it is human antibiotic, but it actually says triple antibiotic ointment.
Most places have their own brands.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.