My first Leopard tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachael and Oogway

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! This is my tortoise Oogway, we think he is about two years old and I have had him for a week now. As you can see on his left leg he has a darker redish patch, I was wondering if this may have been blood or something? It did worry me for a few days but it seems to have completely gone now. I think I'm really just looking for reassurance as he is my first tortoise.ImageUploadedByTortForum1373819661.012356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice-looking little tortoise. I think the leg is just dirty.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
There doesn't seem to be any swelling, abrasion, or cut. Does he walk normally and use the leg to rip food apart etc.? I would say he's fine and he looks great. Welcome to the forum! Make sure you read Tom's (and others) caresheets regarding leopards and keeping them in humid warm environments. Good luck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Be sure to read Toms threads below in my post. Very important for leopard owners and newbie tort ow ers.

Rachael and Oogway

5 Year Member
Hi thank you for the comments. Yes he is being kept in a warm humid environment and yes he is walking fine the mark appears to have gone now. Thanks for all the help sheets and info!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Lovely tort. Hope you keep posting pics and enjoy the forum!

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats one smooth Leo ! Who ever you got it from did a good job starting him . And welcome to TFO

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.