my first tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claireabbo

i used to do henna all the time. its fun but quite hard if your doing a complex design. :D i did a turtle once and it was soooo cute!! :D i like yours very nice and simple :)

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Make sure to show it off to everyone once the 'real deal' is done. :D
Personally I like tattoos but I can't decide on a design I'd like my whole life.... a chinese sign... a flower... or a butterfly....? lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If it is something that speaks to you, you should go ahead with it....and it only hurts when the needle glides over a bone....the fleshy part is aok :D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Sky2Mina said:
Make sure to show it off to everyone once the 'real deal' is done. :D
Personally I like tattoos but I can't decide on a design I'd like my whole life.... a chinese sign... a flower... or a butterfly....? lol

I'm so glad I waited as long as I did before getting ink'd...the tattoo I (though I) wanted at 18 would be terribly embarrassing @ 55! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :rolleyes: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

C

Claireabbo

i think i would either want a sea horse or a shark or even a tortoise ;)

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Claireabbo said:
i think i would either want a sea horse or a shark or even a tortoise ;)

People think this is a bad idea,
but i want my horses name "Jimbo" on my right wrist.
It's got a lot of meaning for it to be there. One day i will have it done!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
David~I think the fake tat is cool and would be a good choice for a real one.
Maggie~Getting a tat in 1963 was brave. Have you gotten anymore?
I like tattoos , but don't think you should get them when you are young. When I was 14 I thought my friend was so cool because she had a lightning bolt tattooed on her hand. By the time I was 16 I was SOOOOO glad my mom threatend to kill me if I got one. In California you have to be 18, I think that is good. David you are old enough GO FOR IT!

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
I agree, do it up. I would like to see the new complex design though, so remember to keep us updated :D

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
maggie3fan said:
I got my first ink in 1963, before it was fashionable for women to get tattoos. I have the same flower on my back that Janis Joplin had on her butt...:D

Maggie, that is so wicked :D

David, you should get the tat! I think this henna one is cute :p
I have always wanted a tattoo, but my creativity lacks much too much. That, and my husband would probably kill me lol :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
So I have decided to get 2 one on each arm, and to terry while I like the design I don't want color in my tattoo.
The main problem is it took me almost 2 hours to decide on one that was only gonna last about 2 weeks, I can't imagine how long it will take to decide on 2 permanent ones.

I am looking online for ideas, and I am gonna go for a tribal type design,I will keep you updated (for those who are interested) on my progress.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Currently, I have four tattoos. Funny that this would become a topic of discussion because I was thinking of getting a tortoise tattoo myself.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dmmj said:
So I have decided to get 2 one on each arm, and to terry while I like the design I don't want color in my tattoo.
The main problem is it took me almost 2 hours to decide on one that was only gonna last about 2 weeks, I can't imagine how long it will take to decide on 2 permanent ones.

I am looking online for ideas, and I am gonna go for a tribal type design,I will keep you updated (for those who are interested) on my progress.

You are VERY wise to take plenty of time in deciding what you want, because, no matter what the "tattoo removal" industry says, tattoos ARE forever...it's rare that you can't tell exactly what the "removed" tattoo was...

Again, I'm SO-O-O-O-O-O glad that I didn't get the tattoo THAT I thought was so-o-o-o-o-o cool at 18, as it'd be VERY hard to explain away at my geezerly age of 55! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.