Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
first the picture
2migxh.jpg

It is a henna tattoo and it is faded a little but I like it so much I am considering a real, and more complex one.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
dalano73 said:
So was this your trial tattoo?
sort of, my grandma got it for me at the LA county fair for my birthday. But like I said I would want a more complex design.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Get some ink,David! It's addicting. I've a reservation in Indiana next summer to get a Northern redfoot.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
mel262011 said:
so that tattoo isn't real or is it? Just curious.
It is a henna tattoo so it only last about 10 to 14 days.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
jackrat said:
Get some ink,David! It's addicting. I've a reservation in Indiana next summer to get a Northern redfoot.

I agree get some ink. Although I don't have any tattooes, I have a few family members that have ink all up and down their arms.

M

Maggie Cummings

I got my first ink in 1963, before it was fashionable for women to get tattoos. I have the same flower on my back that Janis Joplin had on her butt...:D

Tnewton

5 Year Member
Hell yeah get some ink. I have several, am currently working on a sleeve of all horror/movie monsters/characters

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Go for it David.
I've always wanted a tattoo, had it planned and everything but none of my family like tattoos. Including my OH.
Not that that would stop me.
I'm just a massive wimp when it comes to getting it actually done. I daren't go and of course I have no-one to go with to get it done because everyone i know says i'm being stupid for getting one.
If i had someone to go with me or the guts to go alone i'd defiantly get at least one in a heartbeat.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
stephiiberrybean said:
Go for it David.
I've always wanted a tattoo, had it planned and everything but none of my family like tattoos. Including my OH.
I'm just a massive wimp when it comes to getting it actually done. I daren't go and of course I have no-one to go with to get it done because everyone i know says i'm being stupid for getting one.
If i had someone to go with me or the guts to go alone i'd defiantly get at least one in a heartbeat.
I express my defiance with an occasional cigar, and my family is on notice that if I am ever diagnosed with a terminal illness I will take up smoking cigars freely, openly and frequently. Maybe you could give your family the same notice about tattoos??

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
[/quote]
I express my defiance with an occasional cigar, and my family is on notice that if I am ever diagnosed with a terminal illness I will take up smoking cigars freely, openly and frequently. Maybe you could give your family the same notice about tattoos??

[/quote]

That is pretty awesome Edna! I would love to have a cigar with you, although I have never had one in my life!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Edna said:
stephiiberrybean said:
Go for it David.

Maybe.
or, I could just do what my older brother did and go and get one and hide it for as long as possible. Hope she doesn't notice it but by the time she does it's been there a couple of months.
She learnt the accept my brothers. It was on his forearm too, not exactly easy to hide. I think initially she was shocked but she soon got over it.

My mum is very much it's our life we can do what we want.
All she asked was that we didn't smoke, do drugs, get tattoos or anything like that whilst we were under 18 (drinking didn't count once we hit 16, unless we got really drunk or became alcoholics) Once we hit 18 she was like "your old enough to make decisions for yourself" (Plus we all got something for not doing them things when we hit 18, i got a horse. my older brother got a lot of money)
and she knows i want a tattoo so i don't think she'd be too bothered.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Great trial tat :) I have one tattoo and I love it!! What were you thinking of getting? Something tortoise-related??

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Well I think any turtle/tortoises tattoo is cool but I'm not into it but that is just me lol :D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dmmj said:
first the picture
2migxh.jpg

It is a henna tattoo and it is faded a little but I like it so much I am considering a real, and more complex one.

Here's mine...wanna be the only other person on Earth w/ this one? :p

50a838c7-0387-471c-bc59-264ac848531d

Hmmmm....really need to get mine touched up, after all these years...

Status
Not open for further replies.