My girls were in a bad traffic accident..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Glad all the humans made it okay, sad that the dog too made it past the accident only to get run over. :( I have been amazed at the wreckage left from accidents and then finding out the people in it, just walked away.

So glad to hear it was also just limited to them, that nobody around them got caught in the resulting damage. The driver has enough to deal with just harming her own family. I hope she is dealing with it okay.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I was in an accident at 17, I was a passenger - I ended up with my back broken in three places, a punctured lung and ruptured spleen, amongst some other minor things. The car I was in didn't look any where near as bad as the photos you posted. Well, at least it didn't before they took the jaws of life and cut me out. I was trapped for an hour and a half.

There is nothing minor about car accidents, ever. We get behind these two ton bullets and zoom around like we don't have a care in the world... I am an extreme defensive driver, I don't trust a single other driver on the road, and I can't begin to tell you the times I have avoided sticky situations by being "overly" alert.

Being 17 years old and told you may never walk again has a big effect on your outlook on life in general.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I agree with Stephanie there. It looks like the car took all the impact for the humans inside. So sorry that it ever happened but it looks like the most fortunate of the unfortunate situation. Poor doggy.... I hope everyone else recover well and come home safe.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Wow I'm so sorry Chad, that is the worst news a parent can get, 'their kids have been in an accident.' Thank goodness everyone is ok and doing well.....my thoughts are with you and yours.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Our prayers are with you and your family Chad. I'm so sorry that this happened to them and I'm so sorry about the families dog.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone. We are home safe and sound now. Drove straight from LA to Seattle area - just changing drivers and stopping to eat and stuff... Oh, adn waiting 3 hours for the 5 to open back up just before the grapevine as they dealt with a brush fire... not a good start.... We had dr. appointments to finish, and some flowers and cards to give to the first responders and such.

Oh, and it was the 10 just before the 710 that the accident happened (not the 5 as I said earlier).

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Gaurdian Angels.. Aint that the Truth!!! Never Drive faster then they can fly!
Sorry the dog ran faster then his.. so sad...

C

charms

I hope everyone is OK - if not, then easily healed. Stuff you can always buy.. family, priceless

————————————————————————————

chadk

10 Year Member!
Here are a few more shots from a better camera:

37498_1544045804895_1347501016_31423025_6690183_n.jpg

39751_1544045964899_1347501016_31423026_6112085_n.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank goodness for a heavy duty, Detroit monster!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
HOLY SMOKES CHAD !!!!!!!

Im sorry I missed this, and so sorry you and your family had to go through this....Im really so happy to hear everyone was okay. Poor doggy though :(
Thank you Lord for keeping them safe. Sheesh. I was in a mild manic panic reading this. Will keep you all in my prayers. Must have been the biggest scare of yr life.

Status
Not open for further replies.