My Puppy relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I call him a puppy but he is 2+ years old, anyways he goes in the car to drop off and pick up kids from school. He always goes in the way way back for the drive, well this afternoon I look in my rear view mirror and there he was sitting on the seat like a little person under the a/c vent. I thought it was cute.

0407091446.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh I can't believe him he looks just like our Emma, but she's 1 year 1 month old. I love Chocolate Labradors. We are going to breed her in about 2 more years is yours fixed already? :p I will posts pictures in a few of Emma.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Here's pictures of Emma and one of our pug Spencer and of course our not so nice cat Butterbee. Are you sure you want to fix him Emma and him might get along very well? Candy

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They do look alot alike, if she was a little older I would say they came from the same litter since he was born in CA. My friend's kids delivered the pups in CA then they brought me buddy here for my youngest son. His mom is actually going to have another litter here in a couple of weeks, then they are going to spay her. My friend didn't get one of the puppies so he decided to have one more litter since the dad is getting up there and won't be around much longer. They hunt ducks in CA and the dogs retrieve them. My pup keeps the birds out of my yard.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Where in California? Emma was born in Torrance so we traveled about 30 minutes to see her. She was the runt of a litter of 10, but we were getting her for my sons and they liked the little one of course. She does have papers so she wasn't cheap, but well worth it. She doesn't chase ducks or birds only tennis balls in our backyard and she drives us crazy with that. She's extremely obsessive. She's a very good watch dog though so I'm glad of that. She laying on my bed right now as I'm typing. I was giving our pug a bath today and she was licking the soap off of him. I guess she thought that she was helping. :D Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
jenrell23 said:
I call him a puppy but he is 2+ years old, anyways he goes in the car to drop off and pick up kids from school. He always goes in the way way back for the drive, well this afternoon I look in my rear view mirror and there he was sitting on the seat like a little person under the a/c vent. I thought it was cute.

0407091446.jpg

That's one big puppy :)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He was one of 14, and I believe somewhere around big bear.

Yes he is a big puppy :) although he looks tiny compared to my 9 year old lab, he is huge.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
THEY ARE SO CUTE !!!!!!!!!! :D Sorry, I am obsessed with doggies :) I def would love a choc lab as well...think I may need a small farm for all the animals I want. You have such beautiful doggies!!!!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
jenrell23 said:
He was one of 14, and I believe somewhere around big bear.

Yes he is a big puppy :) although he looks tiny compared to my 9 year old lab, he is huge.

And I thought Emmas litter was big. How did the mom feed all of those puppies? And we thought we had it tough when we had our kids. :( Candy

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I have nothing against breeding Good quality dogs.. papers dont always mean anything. If its just a pet, Please spay and neuter.. the more heat cycles a dog goes thru, the higher chance of cancers. Deadly expensive ones. Same for a male. Cancer. And of course wandering to find those females in heat. 90% of dogs at shelters or hit by cars are intact males.
Off my soap box now...just had to mention.. with what i do and see....well.. anyway...
have a great day and Hug your pets!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I had both of my other dogs spayed and neutered and they both died from cancer so I don't believe what they are telling people about that now (in fact I don't believe a lot of the stuff that vets tell you). I'm not going to fix Emma even after she has a litter of puppies because as I get older I just figure that that is not natural to do. As for the dogs in the shelters I understand that a lot of people are not responsible people, but believe me I am obsessed with the care of my pets(just ask my hubby). Emma is in a fenced yard and most of the time inside the house. When she came in heat the first time we knew not to walk her and we kept her in a doggie diaper (which she didn't like very much). I only plan on breeding her once and papers to me do have their place in showing champion lines of a breed and her father was a champion and although I never planned on showing her it is still background of a proper breeding process. I understand that there's a lot of dogs in shelters, but I don't feel people should be looked bad at because they want to have a certain breed especially a safe breed. Now I'm getting off of my soap box too. I just think the experience that our children will get and us too is priceless. We also plan on keeping one of them and that too is another reason. :) Candy

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yes 14 in her first litter, she fed them all surprisingly. I am planning on getting buddy nuetered as I do not plan on breeding him, I don't want that on his brain. His mom is going to have puppies in a few weeks and I can't wait to go see them, but I am not bringing any home, so hubby can't see them cause he will want one, then say I asked for the puppy.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ive lost dogs to cancer as well. Just not the reproductive types. Ive also had dogs with akc papers.. It means they are purebred, but not nec the best of the breed. Maybe thier confirmation isnt good etc.
I have one now that should be a showdog. but i just wanted a pet. So he is neutered. If I want another one like him, I'll look up who his parents are or go back to his breeder and get a 'cousin'.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What kind of dog do you have? Any pictures I'd love to see them. I agree also that some people do promote papers to get a better price or just to sell the puppies. My sister-in-law show Collies and has breed a couple and is planning to do more. I've talked with her about it and that can be quite scary when they're breeding for show, the deformities that they can have sometimes to me is not worth it. I just wish people would be a little more responible with their animals. Don't get me wrong I'm not against fixing dogs or cats I'm just wondering now if they have research (and what kind) to prove their theory on the cancer. I found a new homopathic vet that does not promote shots every year (she titer test them first) and come to find out Spencer (our pug) didn't need his again for another year (he hasn't had shots since he was 4 months old)and he is now almost 6 years old. She also doesn't believe that the dog food is good for them (processing and preservatives and all they do to it) so we're on the "BARF DIET" and it seems to be working well for them. It's just that I'm trying new things this time around and we'll see what happens. :) Candy

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a collie. Sable. I may have posted pics before.. cant recall..
UC Davis did a study about vaccine about 7 years ago and determined we were over vaccinating our pets. Now they recommend puppy/kitten shots, one year boosters and then every 3 years. Titers are a great way as well.
AS for the hormone cancers.. Females get mammary cancer if not spayed, and every heat cycle they go thru increases the risk, even if they do eventually get spayed. They also get uterine cancer and pyrometria sp? if not spayed. Pyo is a uterine infection that can be deadly or very$$$$ to take care of. Males get testicular cancer and have more prostate issues if not neutered.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well unfortunately every vet I've been to wants to vaccinate once a year so I guess if I hadn't done my research that's what I would be doing. I am very much into alternative health for human's and animals and I find even with their studies they don't know much they just want us to believe they do. I have a hard time believing that they know this much about where cancer comes from and what puts us or our animals at higher risk. Every 20 years or so they will change there perspective altogether. I also have a hard time believing that the natural cycle of hormones produced in an animal would cause them to have cancer. After all I neutered my poodle and he had cancer all over so what's the point? Do they really have all the answers I don't even come close to believing that.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Candy If you are ever interested I will look for a list of receipes for home made dog food, I've tried them on my dogs and they loved it. I know a lady who will not feed commercial dog food because she was tired of her pups dying of cancer. I've been lucky I feed nutros and my dogs have never got cancer and my oldest is 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.