My Hermanns eggs

katfinlou

5 Year Member
First egg laid 3/12/14
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1418987626.468783.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1418987641.934029.jpg

Second egg laid 15/12/14
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1418987666.585589.jpg

Ive noticed a few differences between the eggs, the first one is more round in shape and rough in texture.
The second is much smoother and a more oval shape. They are very different looking inside too. Does anyone think they might be viable? Can't help getting my hopes up and getting carried away!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
It's too early yo tell if they are developing, try again in a couple weeks :D
Your female may have ingested more calcium during the time when the second eggs shell was hardening... I hope they hatch!

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Aww I was hoping the circle in the second egg was something positive! I will check again after Christmas, it's so hard to leave them alone and not comstantly candle them. To combat the temptation I talk to the eggs every time I pass them, sometimes I think they will just get up and walk off somewhere peaceful lol

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Aww I was hoping the circle in the second egg was something positive! I will check again after Christmas, it's so hard to leave them alone and not comstantly candle them. To combat the temptation I talk to the eggs every time I pass them, sometimes I think they will just get up and walk off somewhere peaceful lol
:p
I've never had 'eggs'. The only egg I ever tried to incubate was a dud from my RESs that was filled with gas... it kind of exploded :)
Hopefully an expert can tell you :D