My husband's hardwork wont be for nothing after all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Some of you may have seen the post I put up a couple of days ago when I was so sadly disappointed because an adoption of two sulcatas didn't seem to be going so well, in part because of my lack of "tortoise language" (long story) anyway I am soooooo happy to say that thanks to a wonderful family in Tampa that were able to see how badly I want to be a tortoise rescuer and who were also able to see what an awesome supportive family I'm blessed with, so they decided to trust me to adopt their babies...anyway, here is some pictures of the awesome home my wonderful husband is building for them. GOD WILLING, THEY'LL BE HERE BY THIS WEEKEND!!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

image-475991631.png

Attachments

• image-1354064290.png
    image-1354064290.png
    224.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3921240212.png
    image-3921240212.png
    231 KB · Views: 143

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Exciting. Happy for you. Your hubby is doing a great job. It looks heavy and solid. Just don't forget. Tortoises are loners. You will need to watch for one to bully the other. If and when that happens, they will have to be separated. So, make sure your hubby don't forget his building plans. He may have to build another one:D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Oh, is it that person who posted on here? Those were some good looking torts. Do you have names picked out yet? :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Two 20 pound sulcatas? What size is the enclosure? Can't say with out the size of them, but I would venture to guess that the enclosure is too small for two 20 pound sulcatas. Is this just a night time enclosure? Do you have outside space for them also? Not sure the enclosure is big enough for one 20 pounder. Post pics of the torts when you can. Put something next to them in the pic so we get a better size comparison.

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Awesome enclosure!! looks very sturdy and well built!! you are lucky to have such a handy man! :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
wellington said:
Two 20 pound sulcatas? What size is the enclosure? Can't say with out the size of them, but I would venture to guess that the enclosure is too small for two 20 pound sulcatas. Is this just a night time enclosure? Do you have outside space for them also? Not sure the enclosure is big enough for one 20 pounder. Post pics of the torts when you can. Put something next to them in the pic so we get a better size comparison.

I believe the OP said in a different thread that they'll be living outside and this will just be a night time/cold season hide/enclosure for them.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
Awesome :) Very sweet of your hubby to work so hard for your new babies.

Vegasarah

5 Year Member
So lucky to have a hubby like that. My 'man' doesn't even know how to check the oil in his car lol. Safe to say I 'wear the pants' in our relationship! I'm the builder and fixer of all things domestic, but it sure would be nice to have someone to do the hard work for me haha. Pen looks great, and I'm so happy for you and your new babies! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
wellington said:

Barb, they are in southern Louisiana and the torts will live in a huge yard all year. This is just their night box. It will be similar to my set up, except her tortoises will have fresh greens to graze on all year long and some decent humidity.

ATXguy

5 Year Member
Austin Tx
Congrats! Nice setup too :) I'm from Louisiana... Just recently got out here to Austin

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Awesome! Nice work. Was I the only one who noticed it was pouring outside? :D

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
blafiriravt said:
Awesome! Nice work. Was I the only one who noticed it was pouring outside? :D

Yea I noticed it too along with all the awesome tools he has at his disposal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.