My interesting purchase

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Warning this will be pic heavy. So after seeing a very interesting "babcocki" baby on the forum a few weeks ago I decided to contact the breeders . SUPER NICE PEOPLE. They had several babies left and a few babies had strikingly "pardalis" features compared to the others.
After seeing the parents (both rescues) and the babies , I have strong suspicions that one of the parents has some strong p.pardalis genes. The male isn't large (11inches) but sure has a SA look while the female(13inches) appears mostly babcocki. Being rescues I'm thinking perhaps the males growth potential may have not been reached but that's just speculation.
So anyways I purchased two of the more "pardalis" looking babies because I want to see how they grow in comparison to my pure pardalis. I don't have intentions on breeding between groups.
They are gorgeous incredibly healthy babies and I couldn't be more pleased. If y'all have any input or opinions I would love to hear them . Now the hundreds of pics :p

ImageUploadedByTortForum1395169807.165757.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169819.384476.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169834.655024.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169874.086444.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169891.989160.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169903.082271.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169911.542946.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169920.570078.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169935.610805.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169943.930457.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169952.822263.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395169966.806235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Awesome awesome awesome! They are gorgeous!

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Elohi said:
Awesome awesome awesome! They are gorgeous!

Elohi🌎(Earth)[TURTLE]

I know right!? lol The ONLY bad thing is that one of them wasn't the one I selected. After letting the breeders know the lady felt terrible. She is an awesome person and it was an honest mistake. I talked to her on the phone a few times and I can tell they are super geniune people.That kind of thing can happen when you have very similar looking babies and are new to being a breeder so I'm not upset about it in the least. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a SUPER healthy bright eyed leopard baby. The babies have been eating for 20minutes straight.:rolleyes: I'm at work so I keep walking over to check on them(near the window) and they are still munching away. I've never received such bright eyed tortoises other than the hermanns tortoises I got from Hermannichris a year ago. They are little balls of energy!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would agree that the male has some strong SA leopard characteristics, but the head and nose look more like a babcocki.

Integrades (or whatever you want to call them) seem to be more and more popular. It will be interesting to see how your hatchlings look as adults.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Neal said:
I would agree that the male has some strong SA leopard characteristics, but the head and nose look more like a babcocki.

Integrades (or whatever you want to call them) seem to be more and more popular. It will be interesting to see how your hatchlings look as adults.

Thanks for the input Neal. If it was just the pattern and no freckles I would assume just a rare babcocki pattern but the fact that they have very prominent skin freckles and double dot patterns leans me toward a mix/intergrade/mut lol . They are beautiful none the less and I can't wait to watch them grow. Their energy levels are so high its scary. Great quality hatchlings

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Maumelle Arkansas
Yeah I agree they are great quality. My little one hasn't stopped for 3 weeks now. Eats and is on the go.. Non-stop!
Your babies look great btw.
I know I am very happy with the little one I received from them.
I have already contacted the breeder again and am going to get another in May when those babies are hatched.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So very different from what we see everyday's Leopard.

They sure look nice. Well.......we have to wait and see now.

You will keep us posted, Right? Thank you in advance....

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great story ....and I would tend to agree with ya ' .....even the speckled skin...perhaps another marker ? None the Less ....beaut lil Leos'!:D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Her name was Sue and was an absolute pleasure to deal with. If anyone is considering a new leopard addition they would be a great great choice.

I will be updating with pics as the growth begins. Their energy levels are unparalleled !! It's a sight to see

Here is a picture of a hatchling they sold early on that just SCREAMS pardalis blood ImageUploadedByTortForum1395375649.001456.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
This little guys are BEAST. They eat nonstop it's unreal . Here is a few comparison shots of one of them and one of my aberrant p.pardalis. You can see how similar they are. ImageUploadedByTortForum1395504057.637885.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395504067.569719.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395504083.253588.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395504113.388699.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great comparison shots /..Beautiful animals!!!

JD~:D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
N2TORTS said:

Thanks! They really are incredibly similar to my pure pardalis. I can't wait until they hatch their 3rd clutch in May to see some more of their hatchlings.

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
diamondbp said:
N2TORTS said:

Thanks! They really are incredibly similar to my pure pardalis. I can't wait until they hatch their 3rd clutch in May to see some more of their hatchlings.

I am getting two then :D:D:D

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Wow! They are beautiful and totally look like pp. I'm jelly! I wish I could afford to have a commune of these guys!
Looking forward to watching these babies grow. Your whole brood is beautiful
Are you planning to do some type of comparison growth monitoring of the group? That would be awesome to see

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Sh3wulf said:
Wow! They are beautiful and totally look like pp. I'm jelly! I wish I could afford to have a commune of these guys!
Looking forward to watching these babies grow. Your whole brood is beautiful
Are you planning to do some type of comparison growth monitoring of the group? That would be awesome to see

Thanks :) yeh I actually will do their first "weigh in" pictures today so expect to see updates once a month or so. They totally have pardalis personalities. They are as Outgoing as you could hope for!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Very cool. I have subscribed the thread to watch their progress!