my new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
She (or he) arrived today and I'm in love! 3.5" right now, and you can see the starts of that gorgeous marbling! She's feeling tired and scared after her trip here, but she did sneak out and eat when I was away this afternoon!

Danny, Terry? Can you tell me anything else about her?

103_5378.jpg

103_5380.jpg

103_5382.jpg

103_5383.jpg

103_5392.jpg

103_5399.jpg

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thats really going to be a stunning adult Kelly. Very nice purchase. :)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks Anja! I'm so excited about her! She snuck out during the night last night, I can see! She's playing shy when I'm around her, though! But she has an appetite... just not when I'm looking! LOL! I can't wait to see her, grow, too! (Or him... whatever!)

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Sweet looking baby! I just so can't wait for spring! I saw several gaggle of geese flying south this morning, so it's not too far away:D. Remember when I said I was going to wait until fall to add to my four babies from Terry? I've added two more already :rolleyes:.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks!

Are you getting more Red-foot babies??? Well no one could blame you, that's for sure! LOL!

I got a couple more pics of my sweetie munching on a peach this morning! They're not the clearest because I didn't use my flash, but cute none-the-less!

103_5408.jpg

103_5426.jpg

103_5429.jpg

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
She is just too cute!!! Yes, I'm getting a couple more redfoot babies from Terry. I'm sure when fall gets here I'll be adding to the six I am already getting;). What can I say? I'm a RF junkie, and Terry has the best around, LOL. :p

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I can't wait to see them, Carolyn! Are the new ones on Terry's site??? I wanna see!

I am just dying of anticipation to see my Bucklebury from Terry... in person!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations you two. And Kelly she/he is such a cutie. Very, very sweet, love the second of the peach pics. You can really see the marbling in that pic. Beautiful.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
cvalda said:
I can't wait to see them, Carolyn! Are the new ones on Terry's site??? I wanna see!

Yes, they are on Terry's site! One of them has already been posted here, the light colored one with the M on its head, and the other is Red's baby! I know what you mean about seeing them in person! I can hardly wait!! Oh, and I meant to say the geese were flying north, LOL...FROM the south!:rolleyes:

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
tortania said:
cvalda said:

Yes, they are on Terry's site! One of them has already been posted here, the light colored one with the M on its head, and the other is Red's baby! I know what you mean about seeing them in person! I can hardly wait!! Oh, and I meant to say the geese were flying north, LOL...FROM the south!:rolleyes:

I guess it would help to give you the baby's number, lol. It's RFC 5. Oh, and Terry, if you have any more like 7CRFXXV, I definately want one!!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I looked on the site right after I posted! GORGEOUS, Carolyn and Terry! I want one that color! Just stunning!!!

So can you tell where my RF baby is from (the one I just posted), Terry (nothern, southern... or cherry-head or whatever?)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
cvalda said:
I looked on the site right after I posted! GORGEOUS, Carolyn and Terry! I want one that color! Just stunning!!!

So can you tell where my RF baby is from (the one I just posted), Terry (nothern, southern... or cherry-head or whatever?)

Thanks Kelly.. we'll see what Greg wants to do with the 2 pips that are hatching. They are looking GOOD.. from the nose and front of shell on one.. and the legs that are sticking out of the other! I'm getting so few hatchlings so far this year I'm leary to take any pics - don't want to "freak" them!

Kelly as far as your new one? Most likely Guyana/Suriname.. not a lot of color to go on. I'm not seeing "marbling" [ probly just me ].. and definitely not 'cherryhead'.. or at least doesn't look like it from the plain [ not "dark-lines" of Brazilian ] plastron. These guys are 3.5"..

cherryandcolomboP.jpg

I talked with someone awhile back that claimed he had "Northerns" with marbeled carapace and plain plastron.. no pics that he said he was going to send - usual TALK! Never ceases to amaze me those that seem to make it up as they go.

Terry

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
He/she looks great Kelly. :D
Now on to where he/she might come from. ;) It's definately a Northern redfoot, most likely one or both of the parents are from the Northwestern Colombia and Panama area.
The term would be a rayed pattern as opposed to marbling that the seller used.
I have seen animals from this area and pictures of some with really nice looking rayed patterns on the carapace. L. Porras took a great picture of one that has been in a few books and on few posters.

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sweet! Thanks Danny! The seller actually said "Radiated Red-Foot"... LOL! So I guess that was closer than "marbling" (which is the word I used)! I'm excited to see how this little one turns out as he/she grows!!! I hope those rays get more defined! I'd love to see a pic of an adult with those rays!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
WHOA! That is GORGEOUS! Rock on!! I'm even HAPPIER now! Thanks man! It'll be exciting to see this little one grow and see how he turns out... he already has more black new growth than the one in that picture... and he has definate white in him... so this will be fun to see what happens!!!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
egyptiandan said:
He/she looks great Kelly. :D
Now on to where he/she might come from. ;) It's definately a Northern redfoot, most likely one or both of the parents are from the Northwestern Colombia and Panama area.
The term would be a rayed pattern as opposed to marbling that the seller used.
I have seen animals from this area and pictures of some with really nice looking rayed patterns on the carapace. L. Porras took a great picture of one that has been in a few books and on few posters.

Danny

Hey Danny..

What are you basing your "most likely" on? I'm not questioning just asking.. because virtually all of those "West of the Andes" I've seen are very light yellow/orange with little or no red and some with almost a "green" tinge to them. A yellow phase of mine..

AJANTRANCE.jpg

.. colors and locales - what a challenge.. especially with all of the locales that have been imported over the past 40 years!

I have to admit I didn't see the "rays".. I was looking for the marbeling. "Morphs" are showing on redfoots more and more!

Anxious to see how the "rays" show too Kelly!!!

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.